Reflecting...

by Yadira Angelini 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

I read many comments on this board about the similarities the WT has with the Catholic Church.

Why would you think is this so?

How come the Catholic Church and not other?

Would Satan mimic a church which wouldn't be the one Christ found and die for?

Satan kept his intelligence and the majority of his original attributes, except his likeness of God.

I'm reflecting on this... regards,

Yadira

• Matty
    Matty

Yadira, thank you for your post. I am always interested as to why there seems to be an inordinate amount of ex-Catholics in the JW religion. Everything that is wrong about the Catholic church seems to be wrong in the JW religion too, so what do dissatisfied Catholics see in the dubs?

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

The most fascinating thing about the JW/Catholic relationship is the way the dubs mimic many of the Catholic doctrines (no women in leadership, etc) and then turn around and vilify them.

I recall being young and a JW. To me, Catholics were the most evil people around. Most of the kids in school were Catholic, so this created a hostile environment.

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Puffsrule,

I am glad I was not at people's doors when I have been in leadership roles on the Catholic Church... that is one of the many facts of missinformation: stating that women are not in leadership roles... I couldn't keep up with what the Church offer us women as places in leadership within the Church. To much! Also, the hostile enviroment you mentioned the WT creates, is part of their plan to set you apart and blind. Never the less, love prevails, eh? So I'm glad I'm part of this wonderful forum full of people who makes a difference and prefer to love... this thread proves it. Who in the world would fell OK to post a thread on a forum that is basically for ex-JW? I was a little hesitant to do it, but I trusted we have mature people here who can handle it. Love to hear from you and nice to meet you.

Matty,

I was not expecting a respond. So I thank you. What they see is what they don't see. Remember they hide their fate ahead: their journey is yet to be fulfil with lie after lie. Catholics are kind of insecure and they don't have the stamina to look into their own Church... we are lazy sometimes. I'm speaking about hispanics. They tend to have many trials unresolved... and they like to get help without having to work hard to solved them: "feed me and I will go back to the study or the KH". Then they fall in the trap. I'm not putting them down; I'm hispanic (Costa Rica). I'm saying this because it is cultural. Most of the hispanic women are abused by their husbands to a certain degree weather they admit it or not. They want to find answers. Also, the Church has failed them according to them and that is the truth for some. There are so many Catholics on each Parish; how could you keep up and please everyone? Blessings,

Yadira

• Solace
    Solace

Yadira,
    I cant believe I missed this thread!
    I have got to stop being so busy!!!
    I remember my J.W. aunt once told me that Catholics are the easiest to convert to witnesses. She was saying this because I was marrying a Catholic and her husband who was an elder at the time used to be a Catholic. She said this was because most Catholics are deeply religious and traditional but do not know much about religion or God in general and easily swayed. Isnt that awful? My husband is very spiritual, traditional and religious. I would never try take that from him. His religion doesnt have any life threatening doctrines or regulations that I know of. He is not hurting himself anyone by attending and he would never push his beliefs on others so I see no reason to object. It is big part of him as a person. I admire his devotion to his faith. I must say, sometimes Im even a bit jealous.

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Heaven,

LOL. We are so busy...

Your aunt was right... but, now days Catholics are getting more instruction by joining many bible groups; the Charistmatic Movement has a deep Bible reading between them. Never the less, in their beginnig, many jumped from there to other Christian denominations... But lately it has been centered by many priest accepting their pentecostalism side, so they guide them to still keep devotions alive and give they give room for that as well. The Vatican has come up with a guidance in devotions... It is very educative, as many groups were dumping them. I, like you, have a very deeply religiuos husband: he goes to Mass every morning, he prays hours during the day and at night... (I get into the forum while he prays) :-) Like you, I'm kind of jealuos for his piety. God bless his heart... he saids he has many people to pray for... THE WHOLE WORLD. Many times I remind him: "do not forget to pray for every body on the forum, especially Simon, Angharad for their load could be heavy at times, or most of the times..." for a time, he was concerned about my time on this forum; not any more... he has learned to love my people here. Heaven, thanks for your input. Love and blessings always,

Yadira

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit