Don`t know much about the bible!

by Beans 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Beans
    Beans

Has anyone read this book? My good friend Quotes read it and gave me a brief description about it and said that if the research done on this book was correct it gives great sceptacism on bible facts and credability! Now I believe one example was the dude who wrote the first five books in the bible (MOSES I think but I can`t remember) but in the fifth book it says that he lived to be 900 so odd years in the third person revealing that it was not this person who wrote these books?

Anyone, Anyone!

Beans

PS: I`ve been out to long to remember any bible stuff so I guess I don`t know much about the bible!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

well i'm thinkin 900 year old imperfect mind. If he were to live to be 900 in this century that would give him about maybe 90 years of sanity and 810 years of senielity. (spell ck please)
    just an imperfect thought.[8>]

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/PicturePage.html

• CPiolo
  • detective
    detective

I've read it. It's a great book. I've bought three copies for friends as gifts and they love it! I highly recommend it!

• Celia
    Celia

Oh yes, I read it.
    Loved it.
    Loved the humour in some places.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I've read it through twice. It is poorly written but it has some interesting stories with sex, incest, adultry, genocide (allot), torture, drunkeness, gods love of watching us suffer, there's a good guy and a bad guy although it is hard to tell which is which sometimes. It gets a little dry in the Maderat begat Ballsack who begat Funbags who begat Napsack and so on.......

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

• detective
    detective

Ah, I think GSX is talking about the bible, not about the book Don't Know Much about the Bible by Kenneth SomethingorotherIforgethislastname.

• amac
    amac

I am about half way through it (I read sections prior to reading that portion of the bible.) I don't think it is poorly written, I think he purposely tried to write it as a regular joe blow talking. The title itself kind of leans toward that.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I'm reading this book by Kenneth C. Davis now. Anyone else read it and have a comment?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit