You Know it's Illogical

by herbert 6 Replies latest jw friends

• herbert
    herbert

You Know has returned!

here's his latest:

: In all probability, terrorists already possess WMD, but have up to this point been prevented from using them by Jehovah’s restraining angels.

Thinking people must ask the question - are these the same angels who have failed to restrain the leaders of God's Organization, His sole means of communication with mankind in these dark and critical times, from making fools of themselves for 127 years by never ever, not even once, getting anything at all right?

If they are, then, God Help Us, or, rather, please don't. In fact, I think I'd rather prefer the Spanish Inquisition, not that anyone expects it.

Herbert

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I saw some woman on the 700 club (I watch it for the comedy/which is pretty much everything) who was absolutely convinced that the reason the terrorists were able to kill so many americans is because she hadn't prayed enough. Her faith wasn't strong enough so that is why God didn't stop the WTC from toppling down. Can we just pass out the Kool-Aid now and get it over with?

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

• SYN
    SYN

God didn't stop Hiroshima or Nagasaki, now did he? Eh? Talk about giant logic holes.

Herbert: Well, don't knock the Watchtower leadership down totally. They're people too, you know. A whole lot of them are murderers, but that doesn't mean ALL of them are bad, or that ALL of their decisions hurt people. There have in fact been times when they DID help or better peoples lives, but these instances were few and far between. Just some are bad, but a handful are still quite sincere, and there's nothing wrong with that.

People with AIDS aren't evil just because they have an HIV infection, and nor are Dubs, purely because they've been infected by a mental virus which is very tenacious and almost impossible to cure in most cases. You wouldn't say that all people who get the flu are evil, would you? Or that everyone who ever had a cold is totally wrong?

They do have a LOT to answer for, tho, and that's not gonna happen anytime soon, so they deserve what's coming to them...

"If men were like their personal ads, they wouldn't need personal ads."

• Satanus
    Satanus

YouKnow starts a new game. YK's specialty, mental acrobatics, at the olympian level. Imagine what he could do if he was cured of his virus. Not likely to happen soon.

SS

• SYN
    SYN

SainSatan: More like Grand Contortionism YK can mentally place his feet behind his ears!

"If men were like their personal ads, they wouldn't need personal ads."

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

That would be typical thinking by a JW grasping for a reason to think such things. Far as the 700 club post goes.. ROFL!!!!!!!!!

-Rick

• seedy3
    seedy3

Speaking of the 700 club, I get a laugh out of them and a few other TV Christian shows, but anyway the 700 club. Here is a classic interview from the 700 club, these guys are as bad as the Jduds:

JERRY FALWELL: And, I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way - all of them who have tried to secularize America - I point the finger in their face and say "you helped this happen."

PAT ROBERTSON: Well, I totally concur, and the problem is we have adopted that agenda at the highest levels of our government. And so we're responsible as a free society for what the top people do. And, the top people, of course, is the court system.

Idiots!!!!!!!!

Seedy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit