Is this a prevalent attitude among Jehovah's Witness?

by Honesty 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

One Jehovah's Witness says that people deserve the evil rulers they have because God gives them the ruler they deserve.

Okaaay.

Jehovah's Witnesses teach that 'TRUE' Christians refuse to vote, 'TRUE' Christians refuse to take up arms and revolt against oppressive governments but if a country gets an evil dictator it is the people's fault and they deserve it because God gives them what they deserve.

In other words, according to one Jehovah's Witness, God is the author of evil because the people of an entire country got what they deserve from Him.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/TK40B884059SQM6VK

Post # 2:

[QUOTE who="xxxxx xxxx"]Salvation comes from the word sozo

And means being saved from anything..even oppression.

Lots of countries their people are being oppressed , because God gives them the 'ruler' they deserve.

See oppression is caused by refusing to have the true God as ruler in your life....many set up gods for themselves...and if they choose the wrong one they reap havoc

for the principle is the same for a nation as for an individual ' you reap what you sow.'[/QUOTE]

Read the comments from the Jehovah's Witness. Surely, they aren't taught stuff like that in the kingdom halls. are they?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Honesty,

It looks to me like the poster from the link, is not thinking straight. Most JWs don't say stupid things like that. another poster pulled them on their not very thoughtful post also.

Kate xx

• Honesty
    Honesty

Some of the posters who called them on it are getting flamed for it by JW's on some other threads.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I have heard that view expressed regarding the question about the unfairness of the preaching work and how some cultures wont get a reasonable chance to hear the message, meaning that the deaths of millions at armageddon will be on their leaders heads for not allowing the preaching work and that the fact that the people didnt do anything to change their governments in order to have the chance to hear the "good news" meant they deserved ther fate at armageddon.

I wouldnt say this view is common, but I have heard it several times over the years. Basically it's just dubs trying to rationalise an unpleasnt side effect of their belief system, that millions (billions) wont get a fair chance to convert before being killed by their all loving god...

• KateWild
    KateWild

Basically it's just dubs trying to rationalise an unpleasnt side effect of their belief system-WMF

Yes I agree with that, it's a type of cognitive dissonance. Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit