PREEMPTIVE STRIKE/DATELINE

by Masterji 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Masterji
    Masterji

The purpose of a preemptive strike against those involved in Dateline is to throw them into the "enemy camp." Any bad PR can be countered as: It's them against us ; persecution; enemy attack. This tactic has worked in the past to their advantage.

Their aim is to keep the R & F in the pen.

Mulan has a good suggestion. Namely: "If the Dateline show is on in two weeks, they can't have a disfellowshipping done and announced in that time. They can't have a hearing (you don't have to be immediately available either, and make them wait a week or so) a decision made and announced, with appeals pending in two weeks, so it looks to me like you have some time."

Stall, stall, stall.

What isn’t so obvious is the observation of TMS.
    "But if those being summoned before judicial committees are from different congregations, wouldn't this be evidence of orchestration from the top as opposed to local control of matters? Are the Society's lawyers really thinking the asset protection issue through if they allow these cases to be concurrent? It appears to this feeble brain that if individuals in different congregations were simultaneously brought up on the same charges, it would indicate hierarchal, not grass roots control and open the floodgates for a hierarchal legal remedy."

This could come back to haunt them.

M

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

It will absolutely will come back to haunt them.

6 million JW MIGHT be put off watching Dateline becasue of the 'disgruntled ex-jw's involved'---but 6 billion other people can't wait to sit in front of the tv and watch these 'ex-jw heroes'...

Heeheheehee

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Maybe it doesn't really matter if they are actually disfellowshipped or not. That the proceedings have been started, the wheels put into motion, this may be the more important thing. The people who received the letter are now officially targeted as dissenters whether they have actually been disfellowshipped or not. The Watchtower may see their eventual disfellowshipping as just a technicality. Further, the people who received the letter can no longer claim that they are still "in good standing" within the congregation.

• Imbue
    Imbue

These dateline interviews are actually scheduled? For real? This is not a guesstemate?

"Not part of the inner circle class"-Larc

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

Here's to hoping it bites them in their overbearing false prophecying controlling asses!!!!!!!!

-Rick

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I just worry that the Watchtower wants persecution so badly, they are doing this just for that---to stir up outrage and a public backlash so they can convince the third world JW's they're being 'persecuted'.

<sigh>

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

That is a good point Dungbeetle. It certainly wouldn't be unlike them to promote their cause by creating their own form of "persecution". they are afterall very shameless and if desperate could become ridiculous by even their standards.

-Rick

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I must have missed something. I tried to go back a few pages and get caught up, but no luck. Can someone enlighten me?

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

"Dateline" is not a second-rate show, they are not going to air this show without stating that at the time of the TAPING, these Witnesses were in good standing...I mean, when did they TAPE the show, last July? Now all of a sudden, when it is going to AIR, they are all, coincidentally, brought in for judicial meetings. This makes the WTS look even worse....Dateline is going to let it be known that they didn't interview a bunch of "disgruntled" ex-members, they'd be fools not to make that known to viewers! and I don't think that it's Dateline that is going to look like the jackasses this time around.....who CARES if the r&f says they are only disgruntled "ex-members," they are not going to see the truth about this organization until they are ready to anyway....what's important is that the public, you know, the people on the other side of the door, will see what this org is about.......ex-communicating members that were trying to help victims of molestation, something the organization was obviously not concerned with doing itself, is definitely not a cool thing to do.......
    Tweetie, the "Will Silentlambs be DF'ed" topic may shed some light.....

• ChiChiMama
    ChiChiMama

Your right the WT has been NOTORIOUS for starting their own persecution by their stupid behavior then claiming that it is a fullfillment of Bible prophecy!

I'm sure they will do this along with all their other old tricks.

One example that makes me ill is to remember how many times I had to listen to and read that the bros getting thrown in prison in 1919 was fullfilment of Bible phrophecy!GAG!!!

They did this to themselves with the inflamatory and antigovernmental things they said in the literature at a time of war when nationalism was at an all time high.
    They knew better.
    They loved every damned minute of it just as they will in this situation.

A pissed Chichi!!

ChiChi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit