I Think Giving Birth to a Human Being is Immoral

by will-be-apostate 9 Replies latest jw friends

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Only in a "New World" like world the above claim wouldn't make sense. But what are the pros and cons of life?

Just think about it.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

The title was so funny. I thought this would be a Jehovah's Trumpet or Auntie Con tale!!!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I'm not 100% sure I understand, but my toddler and infant are very happy to be alive let me assure you.

My seed spreadith!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

"In the best of times, our days are numbered anyway. So it would be a crime against nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly, that it put off enjoying those things for which we were designed in the 1st place: the opportunity to do good work, to enjoy friends, to fall in love, to hit a ball, and to bounce a baby. -Alastair Cook

A JW I know was talking on his facebook about not wanting grandchildren due to how terrible the world is. I mentioned that I had just read the above quote by Alistair Cook and thought it had some merit. The JW commented back. " Alistair Cook was a big evolutionist, so who cares what he has to say. If that were true, nothing we do really matters anyway"

Some JW's think it's ok to be rude when it comes to anyone who has a different outlook on the "big picture" than they do.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

• I Think Giving Birth to a Human Being is Immoral

What other thing could a human give birth to? I think that's the only option.....

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Giving birth to my 3 children was not the first immoral things that I have done and won't be the last, then. However, it will be the immoral act that brought me reward, joy and beauty. It is the immoral act that will hopefully make the world a better place. It is the immoral act that resulted in 3 beautiful human beings that have value to many people around them. If all the immoral things that I did resulted in so many positive things, then I would be immoral all day long.

• prologos
    prologos

it would be immoral only if they were then abused, indoctrinated and made miserable by depressing thought that they are taught-- by example.

immoral like the one born on April 20.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Do you seriously want to give birth to an Alien ? Would that be Ammoral ?

smiddy

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Given that we seem to be the only intelligent life in the entire universe, and that virtually everybody now living will have passed away in 100 years time; it would seem moral and maybe even sensible for a least some people to have children, to perpetuate the species...

We are here because we are here- there really is no other reason, and so for better or worse will the generations that come after us exist... just because.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Wouldn't that make your own existence immoral?

Not sure if I understand...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit