Skeptics Annotated Bible - JW section!

by Sunchild 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

Some of you might know the site already:
    http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/

But it looks like something's been added since the last time I dropped by: an ENTIRE SECTION that deals EXCLUSIVELY with JW beliefs! It's here:

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/jw_list.html

Not sure who started this site, but I'm guessing now that it's either an ex-JW or someone who's been associated with the Witnesses in the past. Very interesting reading.

*Rochelle.

---------
    "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death -- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."
    -- Professor Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Both sites sucks.

• Teirce
    Teirce

Good ol' David Reed. He put the nail in my JW coffin back in high school. I tell ya, witnessing to them highschool classmates is dangerous business - you can't exactly just refuse any literature they offer, since you have to be with them all the time, unless you truly desire to be considered unfair, or a moron. Therefore, the Society's law about not accepting literature from people the JW places with doesn't totally work in school, especially if they run into someone on their toes. Anyway, Reed confirmed and solidified many suspicions, but alas, all the knowledge and certainty in the world is not powerful enough to overcome the lonliness threatened by the propaganda that all outside the KH walls is a living hell where parents dine upon their children, where drugs and sexually transmitted desease are the unavoidable Scylla and Charybdis.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

You're right Sunchild. That is an interesting site. Thanks.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Very interesting site. Most definitely not for those that don't like someone to disagree with them. I do have my problems with most skeptics (not all). I get the sense that they think they're important enough in the grand scheme of things to require physical proof of what others believe to be true. This just seems kind of egotistical to me. However, we do need skeptics in the sense that it is always good to have another point of view on a subject. Whether you agree or not is up to you.
    Of course this site helps me as I seem to be the target of militant christians in my class. It is always good to have some of their own ammo to fire back at them.

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit