Jehovah... created all things

by zound 4 Replies latest jw friends

• zound
    zound

New caleb video on JW.org called "Jehovah... created all things".

The funny thing is, the parallell information in the recent awake that is aimed at adults is almost as simple as this, which is aimed at 5 year olds.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I'm surprised that they're posting videos. I guess they decided to enter the 21st century - just a decade late.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Can't bring myself to watch it...that Awake that came out recently is enough spiritual food

• Bloody Hotdogs!
    Bloody Hotdogs!

"First, he made sea life..." - shot of a humpback whale breaching.

Do they mean to say that the first animal life was a modern whale? That's like over a thousand, thousand, thousand million years early! Are they teaching kids that humpback whales predate land dwelling animals??

"... and the birds!" - shot of seagulls flying overhead.

Again, isn’t this like a thousand, thousand million years too early? Are they seriously implying that birds predate reptiles and land mammals??

"And do you know what Jehovah made next? He made all the animals!" - shot of elephants, giraffes, gorillas, tigers, lions, flamingos, peacocks, tortoises, antelope, chameleons, toucans, and an ostrich lounging about together.

Wow. What happened to the dinosaurs?? At least they didn’t show any domestic animals…

Sadly, this is almost word-for-word what the bible actually says. What the video fails to communicate is that JWs take liberties with the Genesis account: days are not days, sun and moon came before the earth, days overlapped, etc…

Why give kids such an inaccurate impression of, not just reality, but also what JWs actually teach? Shameful.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Did he create ticks? I hate them, but maybe it is my problem. Lack of appreciation, I don't know. I'm getting better at accepting them (I have no choice), but still not too high on my favorites list. Maybe they should make a video about cute parasites and their vital role in the circle of life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit