SEX ABUSE fugitive case connected to a big-big problem for Watch Tower

by Terry 9 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Terry
    Terry

Jehovah's Witness fugitive case brings to light a profound problem of sexual abuse.

Frederick McLean is one of the most-wanted fugitives in the United States, charged with 17 counts of child sexual abuse in California. Law enforcement sources say that when a victim’s family confronted McLean in 2004, he allegedly confessed. But before he could be arrested, McLean fled.

NBC News has obtained a copy of one of the settlements from the McLean lawsuit, and it may offer an indication of the potential magnitude of the payouts. According to the court record, the church agreed to pay $781,250 to the accuser, who claimed McLean abused her from age 3 to age 9.

Read about it:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21917798/#.UssWkbTWuFk

• serendipity
    serendipity

Has anyone been able to research what the WTS has paid in other cases?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

That's a lot of money. If they paid out that much in settlement, I wonder how much they were worried about it costing in trial. . . .29 million?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This is a court case that the WTBTS won't any day soon be too eager about printing in its publications or loading onto its Newroom website. You'll only hear about it here on JWN.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Important but old news. Hope the newbies see this and take note. article dated 2007.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

According to the court record, the church agreed to pay $781,250 to the accuser.

Chump change for the Billion dollar Watchtower Corporation.

• L3G
    L3G

Thanks for the share. I already passed it on.

• ssn587
    ssn587

Terry i knew that piece of slime in fact his family and mine went out together several times. Truly a wolf in sheeps clothing.

• jeff spreng
    jeff spreng

My mother was raped as a child by my drunken elder grandfather. Her life was ruined and she has never been happy or stable. He was never punished.

• flipper
    flipper

JEFF- I'm so sorry to hear that happened to your mom by your grandfather. Sadly- this is not an uncommon occurence inside Jehovah's Witnesses. There are thousands of child abuse cases just like what happened to your mom inside the JW organization. And with the same result- no punishment given to the child molester. Or no reporting to the police or prison time served. That's why it's so important to report it now. Children have to be saved

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit