French Club in Las Vegas

by Mum 2 Replies latest social entertainment

• Mum
    Mum

I learned of a French Club in Las Vegas. They posted on Facebook that they were meeting this morning at a French pastry shop/café. I have never attended one of their meetings, so I decided to go meet them at the café.

It was great! Some of them are French or Swiss immigrants. Others are American francophiles such as I. The pastries looked wonderful! I only had one, but could have eaten the whole display in the case!

I have lived in Las Vegas only a year and only know three people here outside my family. This is going to be a good way to meet some people and build a network of friends and acquaintances.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Tomorrow I'm flying out to Las Vegas to attend the CES and during the week I will go for lunch at mon ami Gabi in the Paris Hotel and then go to the pastry shop for a millefeuille and espresso. I've been there several times and it would be amazing if the Hotel staff spoke some French to add to the experience. I know that many Quebec people work in Vegas with Cirque du soleil and Celine Dion.

• Mum
    Mum

NVR2L8: I'm going to PM you my phone number. Call me when you get into town. Are you quebecois?

I know that the Paris used to teach some French to its new employees, and later started to de-emphasize the French. My son-in-law works at the Paris as a bartender.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit