Where do faders figure in the annual report?

by likeabird 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• likeabird
    likeabird

We all know that WT loves their numbers. And they use their numbers to their advantage. At least that's what they think.

So in the annual report we have the average publishers and the peak publishers.

As I understand it, you have to have put in a service report to be counted. So if you've only handed in a report for one month in the whole service year, you will probably be figuring in the peak publisher column and not the average one.

Now what happens if, as faders, we don't hand in a report during the whole service year. Are we going to show up anywhere on that report where meeting attendance isn't even included?

Does that mean that by us not reporting for a whole service year WT has already discounted us as a JW before we have formally or officially disowned them?

What's your take on this?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

If you do not report for a month then you are "irregular". If you do not report for 6 months then you are "inactive". The monthly report will only include the actual number of reports submitted. The congregation publisher count will include irregular but (as far as I know unless it has changed recently) not inactive.

Again, as far as I know, unless an inactive person is disfellowshipped or disassociates themselves then they remain as "inactive" on the record. If they move territories and start attending again then their new congregation shall request the records from their old congregation.

I am pretty sure that the annual figure includes the peak of "active" members and not "inactive".

• sir82
    sir82

Does that mean that by us not reporting for a whole service year WT has already discounted us as a JW before we have formally or officially disowned them?

That is correct, except it's only 6 months, not a whole year.

Every year hundreds of thousands "disappear" (increase in number of publishers is always far less than the number of new baptisms) but you can't tell whether the "disappearance" is due to death, disfellowshipping, or fading.

All 3 contribute to the "disappearances", but only the WTS knows how many of each (and they don't tell us worms anything).

• likeabird
    likeabird

So if WT is no longer counting us as dubs, after all, these are their official figures, then if they come chasing after us, then we can just turn the tables on them: Why try to push us out if they have already struck us off their numbers?

The question is not "do people still see you as a Jw?" but rather that WT has already stopped seeing us as one.

• likeabird
    likeabird

I can also add to this idea.

When I was still in, every year the service overseer would give me my cards and ask me to check the details and sign them. Sometimes if I said I was busy or didn't have a pen he would let me take them home to bring back next meeting. Shame I wasn't awake enough at the time to keep them!

In any case, each year we had to literally sign on to the fact we were publishers. Without my annual signature, what am I now and where does that leave them? Does this count more than baptism?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Once you are 6 months without a field service report you become inactive and irrelevant. So, you don't count - sad but true.

If you turn in 1-hour every six months you remain irregular and a big pain in the butt for elders. Elders like to keep the number of irregular publishers to a minimum when the CO comes to town. They would rather see you inactive at this point - remember we are from a "numbers" organization.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Likeabird stated: When I was still in, every year the service overseer would give me my cards and ask me to check the details and sign them.

I neverheard anything like that. I was associated with several congregations and served in various capacities including elder. This is a brand new concept.

I think your Service Overseer was a bit over the top. I don't like him without even knowing him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit