Leaving the JW's

by mzmmom 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mzmmom
    mzmmom

Nobody should feel obligated to explain themselves to the Elders, or anyone else for that matter. Just quietly leave and never go back if an opportunity presents itself.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Very true, that is exactly what we did. After you leave you don't have to answer your door or your phone either. Eventually they get tired and leave you alone. It's been almost two years now for us. This has been one of the best decisions we've made. 2014 is an excellent year to leave!

• smiddy
    smiddy

True , you dont HAVE to DEFEND and EXPLAIN a decision as to why you left with an elder or anyone else, their IS no obligation on you to do so .

Having said that , I would not lose the opportunity to "witness" to a genuinely enquiring mind who may have some doubts of their own , as to why you left .

Also true is that this may not be an easy thing or even a desirable thing to do with any that newly exit the society for various reasons , family relations etc.

smiddy

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I agree with both points. However, as you would still be OFFICIALLY viewed as a baptized JW, if ever word got back to the elders that you were speaking things which contradicted the GB, they'd come after you like a pack of wolves! And they wouldn't give up till they got you! Know your enemy.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I have said a thousand things that contradict the governing body and all the elders both in person, by email and phone. No one has come after me. Perhaps because the only material I ever used was their very own literature and statements. There is simply no way they can talk their way out of it or refute anything.. as every word was from their very own governing bodies mouth.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Circumstances differ from person to person. Sadly, nothing is cut and dried. One only has to read the threads on this and other forums to see all the random factors that make exit a pain in the jacksie for some. The cult leaders have designed it so that there is no dignified way of leaving. The 8 paedophile protecting Governing Body need your cash to continue their rock star lifestyle.

If only it were that easy.

5ff265a65b728fe4fd56c868de7cbb0e6d26a34f

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

Well said punkofnice my elder father kills me when he says "we don't force anyone to stay a witness if they want to leave they can leave" he's been drinking the kool-aid for 50 years now...sigh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit