How Some Book Reviews Disprove Creation

by metatron 8 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dinosaurs-veronica-ross/1112326051?ean=9780760765586

Here we have a book for children about dinosaurs. If you read the reviews, there are some that object to the gory pictures inside. Giant animals spilling intestines and blood and such.

Now, if ordinary humans find this repellent, what about the "God" that supposedly created all things, as the Bible says?

Surely such a "Creator" must be a sort of demon-monster, a character like "Cthulhu" to have made such horrors, not a God of love. Creation does not manifest kindness or compassion but rather Nature red in tooth and claw.

The above is why some Creationists are suspicious or actually doubtful about dinosaurs, despite overwhelming evidence. It simply explodes the whole notion of a benevolent Creator. The Awake magazine in particular pushes a sort of 'puppies and kittens' view of nature that is nearly psychotic in its unreality.

Why don't they publish an article showing the Marvelous adaptations of mosquitoes or internal parasites and commend praise to God thereby?

This is one reason why I gave up on the "truth" and adopted pantheism. Nature, indeed, has its wonders and shows a sort of intelligence - that is simply amoral. Ethics and love belong to the human domain, not nature ( OK, maybe a few monkey examples).

metatron

• prologos
    prologos

well, they (wt) blame it all on the talking snake, satan. but why would a great designer abrogate his duties and turn it over to another co-creator, not just his son?

watching caribou, bears, writh in desperation/itch, from moscito/fly bites in the arctic, when donating blood could be painless? all the agony is supposed to have started after the flood, and since there was none, it was always so. not a nice picture, that reality.

• rmt1
    rmt1

Buffalo were utterly peaceful before the Fall, and would use their hefty horns to plow furroughs in the ground and scrape seeds into it. But they turned into killers. Here we see buffalo cleverly and deliberately sneaking up on an unsuspecting lion by minding their own business and appearing tasty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpnERlsfBFc

• jgnat
  • braincleaned
  • braincleaned
    braincleaned

^^^ The above video I posted makes the excellent point that God created carnivor animals BEFORE creating man.
    He is responsible of the slaughtering and the fight for survival thru bloodshed. Is that a creation of Love? No.
    It looks more like the makings of natural selection.

• sir82
    sir82

But...but...but...Freddy Franz wrote in a WT QFR in the 60's that pre-Eden tigers used their claws & fangs to "shred coconuts".

Maybe there were REALLY BIG COCONUTS to shred back in the days of the dinosaurs?

• scotoma
    scotoma

I went to a major natural history museum with some witnesses. I pointed out how ferocious
    T-Rex was. They responded "all the better to tear into the thick vegetation". Then I pointed out
    the Volkswagen sized armadillo-like dinosaur that had a thick coat of bony plate. Was that to
    protect them from giant Venus Dinosaur Traps?

There are thousands of these contradictions to the principles of creation. They aren’t remarkable
    and children can easily figure this out. The argument of last resort?"God loves puzzles and has a
    great sense of humor".

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

watching caribou, bears, writh in desperation/itch, from moscito/fly bites in the arctic, when donating blood could be painless?

It reminds me of stories my husband tells about camping in the winter in Alaska, when he was in the Army. They put a camp stove on the tundra, which thawed out the mosquitoes. They didn't bring repellent as they didn't think they would need it, so they were bit to death, a truly miserable experience. I can think of no logical reason to create mosquitoes, they serve no useful function and transmit disease, as well as bringing misery from the bites.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit