UK Manchester Irlam Congregation - 2012 Income and Expenditure blip

by Simon 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon

Just noticed a blip in their income and spending for 2012 - double the usuall income and 10x the normal expenditure.

Anyone know why? Is it something boring like building repairs (was a self-build ~30 years ago, probably starting to fall apart now) or something more scandalous?

Interesting what a nice little "earner" it is - generating about 10k GBP per year. We were always being told there was a shortfall and people needed to contribute more.

http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/CharityWithoutPartB.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1066447

Financial year end (FYE)IncomeSpendingAccounts receivedAnnual Return/Annual Update received
    31 Mar 2013 £17,400 £8,513 Not Required 19 Aug 2013
    31 Mar 2012 £33,050 £85,502 12 Sep 2012 12 Sep 2012
    31 Mar 2011 £19,843 £6,340 Not Required 18 Oct 2011
    31 Mar 2010 £17,279 £8,082 Not Required 06 Jul 2010
    31 Mar 2009 £15,492 £6,952 15 Jun 2009 15 Jun 2009
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Simon: Interesting what a nice little "earner" it is - generating about 10k GBP per year.

Exactly, multiply that by the thousands of KHs around the globe and you get a sense of what this religion is really all about. Of course, this is just one source of the WTBTS's many streams of income.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, and if the KH needs maintentance then the local congregation pay for it - "more contributions are needed"

But the ownership of the property is handed over to the WTS "to protect against the great tribulation" (because centralised ownership of assets would make it ... harder?)

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Funny to see this here Simon on a worldwide forum, when I live so near to Irlam, now part of Salford.

Loz x

• Simon
    Simon

Well, I used to be in Irlam congregation :)

And yes, we used to be Lancashire and then we get dragged into Salford - the City that people forget (they think Manchester is one city, it isn't)

• reformation1542
    reformation1542

I notice Keith Stringer and Fred Kirkham are still listed as trustees ? If they're still around they must be in their nineties at the very least. dont worry if you cant remember too much about those days Simon, I'm sure I can refresh your memory (but doubt you would want reminding really lol). I left the doomsday sect in 1983 a year after leaving Irlam. Often wonder what became of most of those I knew back then. I know there were one or two in there that should have been done for serious crimes but it never got to court because of internal pressure being applied on the victims and their relatives

• Simon
    Simon

I notice Keith Stringer and Fred Kirkham are still listed as trustees ? If they're still around they must be in their nineties at the very least.

Wow, yes - they must be very old. They were not the push-yourself-to-the-front types. Nice guys who seemed very sincere, ashame that they dedicated so much of their lives to it but hope they feel they have had a satisfied life. Not like the elders who always seemed to have a power-struggle going on.

I know there were one or two in there that should have been done for serious crimes but it never got to court because of internal pressure being applied on the victims and their relatives

I actually wondered if the outgoings might be some sort of compensation payment made to keep people quiet ... you never know, nothing much would surprise me about Irlam much!

• Simon
    Simon

Sent you a PM reformation1542 and my apologies for missing the one you originally sent me!

• honeybee78
    honeybee78

What was the £85k spent on? A new build? Surely all that money that was donated was towards the new kingdom hall???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit