What the Watchtower has in store for 2014

by mistified 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mistified
    mistified

what, in detail, do you think will happen? because we all know 2014 is the 100th anniversary of the Kingdom rule of Christ or at least it was.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I see a birthday party in the future for 2014.

• steve2
    steve2

As the Watchtower magazine for the very first issue for 2014 shows, the articles continue to speak about the prophetic significance of 1914. However, there is a conspicuous absence of the language of urgency. Historically, when they hammered 1914, there was a theme of very little time remaining. Lots of different ways of stoking end-times anxieties. Oh, they have not - and will not - drop the longing for the end, but they will bring other "concerns" into the crowded foreground. You'll see continued emphasis on proper conduct and other associated "impression management" issues. And expect a higher frequency of warnings about the dangers of becoming inactive, (more) materialistic and in particular questioning "Jehovah's spirit-appointed organisation".

In the meantime, there will be a continued decline in numbers of young people showing active interest in the organization's appeals for the Witnesses to take up such "privileges" as pioneering.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Warning! 2014 — Armageddon is right around the corner~!!!

Drop out of school! Shun the critical thinkers! Preach 18 hours a day! Bookmark our site and do not read the others!
    Don't masturbate! Weed is the devil! Science is evil! Obey! Obey! Obey! Obey! Obey! Obey!

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

The formerly low-key GB will take on a much more visible role, continuing their comedy routines at the future Annual Meetings. I look for video hookups in EVERY Kingdom Hall so the GB members can give regular direct admonishments to the 'sheep'. One more way of shoving Jesus into the background and making themselves the new unquestioned overseers of the Organization.

• zeb
    zeb

Navytown: "direct admonishments".. yes follow the dictator.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Warning! 2014 — Armageddon is right around the corner~!!!

Drop out of school! Shun the critical thinkers! Preach 18 hours a day! Bookmark our site and do not read the others!
    Don't masturbate! Weed is the devil! Science is evil! Obey! Obey! Obey! Obey! Obey! Obey!

Hilarious, Braincleaned.

I intend to plagiarise this for an email conversation I'm having with a friend.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Video hookups in every Kingdom Hall" , more than likely, Big Brother or what ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit