Religion and Art

by Sargon 2 Replies latest social entertainment

• Sargon
    Sargon

It's raining in Southern Ontario, so again I find myself with too much time on my hands. At one of the main intersections of my town there is a beautiful one-ton clock by Birks. It's called the Clock of the Charging Horsemen. It was made in 1930 by the English Heraldic artist, Kruger Gray and was modelled upon a clock of the same name at Wells Cathedral in Somerset England. The horsemen used to tilt upon the quarter hour. It really is a great peice of art.
    Seeing this clock got me thinking about how many of the world's great works of art and peices of music were inspired by religion.
    Since I don't consider the WT pictures, or the kingdom melodies to be art; can anyone point out to me any significant contribution by the WTS, or an individual JW to the world of art?

Imagination is more important than Knowledge. Albert Einstein

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Since I don't consider the WT pictures, or the kingdom melodies to be art; can anyone point out to me any significant contribution by the WTS, or an individual JW to the world of art?

What about the "dramas" at conventions? Each one a finely crafted vignette, both entertaining and informative. [8>]

--
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. - Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

• Satanus
    Satanus

I like some of charlies neat freemasonic flying disks and some of his cover art. But that wasn't created by them. It was just one of the styles of the day. The wt is a black hole of creativity. It sucks it all out of its people, and shreds it to sub quarks. Then the desperately depressed sensitive artistic types kill themselves in an effort to escape the infinite gravity sucking at the fibre of their being. Sad.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit