Dateline Special On JW Sexual Abuse (2002 Video)

by Brother Mike 5 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

I was just surfing YouTube and found this video on JW sexual abuse. It's a full dateline episode made in 2002.

http://youtu.be/KJWOlGMIQP4

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• Shador
    Shador

I remember that.

Downloaded and saved now. Thanks.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Barbara Anderson was a writer in Brooklyn, she wrote literature, assembly items, reference books, magazine articles etc for the society. She was pro protection of abused JW children, was disfellowshipped for it too.

Read her AMAZING story on freeminds.org (or google and find it in several places). She is a fantastic, brave woman, and her husband is equally deserving of praise.

Their actions led to that programbeing made, she was disfellowshipped days before it aired, as WT attempted to protect itself far more than it protected any of those children.

• KariOtt
    KariOtt

marking

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The sad thing is how long ago the program aired. It is now 2014. I think it unlikely that a large scale news program would focus attention on the Witnesses b/c it is a small minority religion. Elders are not church employees. Candice Conti may be a trigger for some press if she prevails. Her case was unusual so maybe it won't get much coverage.

The link is nice. Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit