They're everywhere these days!!

by scotinsw 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Just spotted witnesses handing out brochures like they were going out of fashion this afternoon. This was at Oxford Circus in London (one of the busiest shopping areas of London).

They were actually getting in the way and had boxes of the rubbish!!

Of course everyone was laden with shopping bags so they were having no success. I must see them about 3/4 times a week just standing there! Easy way to get hours in!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Well, at least they were moving, here in the NYC subway system, the ones that aren't privileged enough to stand behind the table setups and display cases just stand like statues holding the magazines in front of them for hours, I guess they probably do that your subway stations as well.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Nope! They were just standing!

in fact, not seen the trolley stands for a while no what I think about it.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Its pothetic how bad they have become at witnessing LOL.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Hey, maybe the WBTS will invent robots to hand out tracts for them. Another miracle of invention brought on by the Holy Spirit! It seems that's all they need these days.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

They look so uninterested and prefer to talk to each other. They truly are a "happy people"!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi scotinsw, Do you want to have some fun?

Next time take a Sharpie (or make up labels in advance with a URL barcode). Start talking to the JWs. After they ask to give you a phamplet, ask them if they will accept valuable information in return. They will of course qualify what they will accept, but you can easily overcome their objections by saying you will not give them anything religious. When they hand you a phamplet, write a website URL on it like www.jwfacts.com, www.freedomofmind.com, www.watchtowerdocuments.com, www.freeminds2.org, www.jwsurvey.org, etc, or place a permanent glue sticker on the phamplet, and hand it back to them . Follow up with by telling them how much better you felt by visiting the name of the website that you just wrote on the phamplet.

I tried this on Thanksgiving with a biblestudent and a JW. They were all smiles and left with the phamplet. They will never place that phamplet so they cannot count it as being placed. They may even visit the website in the future.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• tiki
    tiki

sounds retarded to me........who in their right mind wants to stand mute holding some inane annoying question in big print on cheap paper? but, it makes them feel good.....holier than thou........

• jam
    jam

Driving by the KH the other day(Pasadena CA) and two women were sitting at

a tabel with magazines. This is the second time I have witness this, street work

in front of the KH. What make you think someone will walk up to your tabel in the

door way of the KH and ask, can I please have one of your magazine. Hell you

can't get people to come to the KH and you can not give them away in the door to

door work. Also this KH is located in a area where there is very little foot traffic.

Just odd.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Gosh no wonder the wt is always going on about how anyone can pioneer if in America all you have to do is stand or sit holding a magazine. No long driveways, no having to talk to people, no physical exertion or sweat! Get your hours in with two or three days of nothing! Certainly not like that here. It's hard slog.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit