They came by MY house today!

by Pistoff 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Color me gobsmacked.

I am home this morning, banging away at bookwork at the kitchen counter, when I hear the doorbell.

(When my doorbell rings, it is an event; I live one mile off the road. No casual visitors here, no salesmen.)

I look out the side window, I see a minivan I don't recognize.

I peek at the front door, and there are 2 ELDERS at the door, what the hell?

I have not been to a meeting other than Memorial for 11 YEARS.

In all that time, not one call from an elder or any other member for that matter, not ONE.

So...I went back in the kitchen and went back to work. I never answered the door. Later I checked to see if they might have seen me, window tint prevented it.

I really didn't want to talk to them, nothing to say, don't want to be quizzed, and I really resented them stopping by unannounced.

They must be getting pushed by the CO, or else they were really really bored after their coffee break to come to my door.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Good for you!

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Witnesses have no clue that unannounced visiting is not polite. Even sales companies know this and pre-call before door knocking. Door to door is an outdated business model from the days when communication was in person.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

after 11 years, on a saturday morning it was most likely a neighborhood canvassing, they probably don't even remember you.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

They know where I live, one elder was a friend from the old days, and my wife still attends sporadically.

I have read others posts when they get visited, that they feel it is rude, now I know what they mean!

One of the elders was one who got me to back him in a failed mission involving a corrupt CO, other elders and a lying MS.

It didn't end well; he got the hook as an elder, and I was blackballed for years.

Which is fine; I saw what it was like to be an elder in that snakepit of a congregation, no thanks.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

They may have been coming for you. I'm thinking that the pressure is on for the elders to go get all the faders and anyone else and make them quit or be DF'd. Not sure if this is this case but in my case they seemed in a hurry and wanted to JC me even with out a letter being sent out.

• Jen1
    Jen1

Watch out when they knock on your door. You do not answer. So they stand there and call your mobile/cell, you do not answer, then they call your landline. This caught me out and I finally answered the landline. said oh really sorry on the toilet!

• nightvision
    nightvision

That bookwork gal sounds like hotstuff ,over the kitchen counter huh? Kudos .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit