Yahoo Answers

by problemaddict 8 Replies latest jw friends

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

So I went over there for the first time ever just to kind of check it out. I am SHOCKED by the large amount of JW's on there. (I am less shocked that they are copying and pasting the JW.org website and refferencing it, without ever answering any questions).

My thought is this.....is the new attention to JW.org going to embolden JW's to start preaching via the web? It sure seems like it. i mean they are pretty represented from what I saw, and not by apologists, just by rank and file peeps.

Thoughts?

• Island Man
    Island Man

Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with that site. I'm a regular there and I pull no punches when asking the JWs tough questions. You're right about them giving lots of copy and paste answers and linking jw.org. They rarely give intelligent answers to critical questions. They just parrot the old Watchtower reasoning verbatim or they will attack the motive of the questioner. A common strategy by some is to falsely accuse a critical questioner of lying.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I just am amazed by how many people reach out. Don't get me wrong, I think its a good thing. I am just wondering if this could be an unintended consequence of filtering more people to the website? Getting them more comfortable on-line could lead to opportunities.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

A lot of people ask questions on there to "troll". For JW questions, mostly it is apostates just trying to get a rise out of current JW's.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I was just going through answers and questions. I noticed more dubs that I thought would be active on a site like that.

Unintended consequence of telling people to use the net more?

• Island Man
    Island Man

"A lot of people ask questions on there to "troll". For JW questions, mostly it is apostates just trying to get a rise out of current JW's"

• stillin
    stillin

Ask if they are counting their time

• stillin
    stillin

Ask if they are counting their time

• Island Man
    Island Man

stillin: Ask if they are counting their time

Someone actually asked that 3 days ago:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20131225083533AA3sQaR

Share this