BOE letter: New lights new changes

by pixel 85 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

@ Lost Generation....AWESOME and Oh So True.

To the topic, get ready for a lot of online adjustments. I can just imagine the scorn and disdain when a "not-up-to-date witness" comments using the OLD information. Godless heathen!!! My God have mercy on your soul!

SOP

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Hmm. For folks that don't have or can't afford internet access, this is going to cause a major problem for their claim that whereever you go on earth, into whatever KH, everyone is studying the same material. Well, now, not really.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

So, to simplify what the change really means...

Jehovah's name used to mean: I am the creator of all things, and I will do whatever is needed to accomplish my purposes.

New meaning of Jehovah's name: I constantly change. I had been saying one thing, but then I completely become something else whenever my earthly prophets realize that what I'd told them to say was wrong and needs to be totally revised ASAP. And since I just told you that I change all the time, I will now change and tell you, 'I never, ever, ever, never, ever change!'"

Am I understanding this correctly?

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

" Whatever this new 'understanding' of Jehovah might be, it will certainly reflectt the small-minded, nit-picky thought processes of the Governing Body. Mark my words!!"

Amen NAVYTOWN! They try to make their people feel oh so special too ifthey have the latest understanding, get everybody riled up over something that anyone who read those verses in Exodus straight out of the Bible already knew anyway.

Isaac

• bobld
    bobld

Very interesting.Now if they only stop using and saying Jesus used Jehovah's name.I for one could not get my head around how JW would say when Jesus

said the Lord's prayer."Our Father...he was using Jehovah's name.

• outinthemeadows
    outinthemeadows

This is exactly what I mean.......they tell you something and they say its "the truth" and then further down the line they change something and then tell you THATS "the truth" so in other words their previous thinking was a lie. So why call themselves "the Truth"?

People are being misled....

• watson
    watson

showing that he becomes what is needed in each circumstance to fulfill his purpose.

Sounds like the Governing Body..

• stillin
    stillin

I think I'm going to have to go back to university to learn how to use a tablet. Otherwise I will be left in the dust by Jehovah's chariot.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Is this part of the new research tool that was touted at the last agm????

Like,,, minute by minute,,,,, minute changes.

Bowie summed it up. Ch ch ch ch changes,,,,, majors Tom ( 8 of)

jtg (having difficulties the second time around but sorting out the crap)

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Julia Orwell: They don't care about their people in poor countries. The day they closed the Branches in these countries was the day that the GB showed a big middle finger to these folks. Not that I care. Matter of fact, I rejoiced over the closing down of Branches - I remember the Branch dedication in Nicaragua: the buildings where given to J. and now they are being given to some Government organization or some Hotel owner. Will they make a special "Un-dedicate" assembly? How can they take them back off Jehubers hands and hand them out to a greedy worldly company?

Many elders there could hardly WRITE a proper letter to the Service Department, that is why we had a special meeting room and someone on duty to receive them PERSONALLY, and give them instructions IN PERSON. Now, they where instructed to talk to the CO or write a letter to Mexico. Since the CO is in remote areas and cell phones hardly work there and the next postal office is miles away and works like a old mule with arthritis, I can see that the split and division of congregations and the creation of many "JW-sects" is ongoing as we speak.

The GB LOVES to be in the lime light of importance. THAT is why they make changes, otherwise they would go unnoticed. One GB member that visited us in Nicaragua said: "If the main Bethel cook has a day off, everybody notices, if one of the GB is sick or has a day off nobody notices." Unjokingly he said that in a sad tone, don't know why, but it was creepy to hear (after morning worship was over and we where just a couple of guys hanging around).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit