WT March 2014 : "Let your yes be a yes, but your UBM's no is not a no"

by The Song Remains The Same 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Song Remains The Same
    The Song Remains The Same

Wife has gone out to the KH this a.m., so I thought I'd balance the world karma by reading JWN, and then looked on jw.borg to see if the stats are up yet. They weren't so I check out the latest study edition as I promised her I would mark one up in all sorts of colours to show the various techniques employed to guide JW's...

Anyway, I noticed the contradiction in the two articles; "Your Speech—‘Yes and yet No’?" and "Reaching the Heart of Unbelieving Relatives" where in the first they are saying if you say yes, mean it, or if you say no, mean it. And in the second as a JW you should ignore your UBR's "no" in respect of the WT and keep on banging them to join. I suppose the way they will get around it is to say that if you're not a JW then you never tell the truth anyway?

Oh, and I took a glance at the Kingdom Ministry pamphlet and was amazed at the clear door-to-door techniques they tell JW's to use; hide the bible, ask simpe yes/no questions that add up to a view that suits the WT and then hit them with the WT answer. This is sales 101 - create the need and fill it with your product. I never realised it was even that undiguised - wow!!!

Have a great Sunday, especially if you're not at a KH!!!

Song

• Jen1
    Jen1

Not at hall this morning. Going to cook a nice Sunday lunch.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Let's review: It's a cult!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I feel sorry (sometimes!!!) for the people who go out and do this Field Circus, week in, week out. Why do they have to do it? What purpose does it serve? No one wants religion anymore. They want answers, not empty promises. The Borg are quite happy to vilify governments but they are no different.

Let's get a reality check, if I want new windows, loft/cavity insulation, I possess sufficient intelligence that I can find out for myself. Hence, with religion. The Ministry is, in my opinion, an insult to people.

I have not been on the ministry since 2006 (once), and in 2005 (twice). I could not seriously go out in it now as it's such a lot of rubbish and I could'nt get my head around the overlapping generations, the 607 thing and general junk.

Not at the KH, I'm DA'd. My last meeting was early September where we had a crap talk and stoopid WT. That was the final straw.

• DS211
    DS211

I stayed home with one of my daughters and i watched southampton v tottenham and now we are watching WALLE. Hes a cooler robot than many JWs i know. :-) im still trying to think of how to keep not going lol. I dont really want to go back ever. Buuuuut yea.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's snowing here. Hopefully the meeting will be cancelled. Otherwise I will have to invent an illness.

As far as UBM are concerned, if an UBM just asks logical questions and is patient, they may help thier JW spouse. The key is getting you spouse to agree that the criteria for truth, given at the 2012 DC, is correct. Then it's a matter of comparing JW dogma to the FDS's own criteria for "truth." An honest person will have to seriously question the teachings of JW leaders. Facing that truth is not an easy thing to do, that's why anyone who speaks the truth is persecuted or df'd. The GB, D.O., C.O., Elders, they are all afraid of "truth." You must love truth according to Christ Jesus, otherwise you will be caught up in an operation of error. Sadly, some love lies. It's easier to believe that you will stop aging and grow young, and pet Panda bears forever...

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit