The rich and the WT

by Crazyguy 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I was told by a friend that the WT sends out brothers to wine and dine rich JW's and then asks them to donate large amounts of money and land etc. This person knows first hand as he said because he has a wealthy friend that this was done to. Anyone else have this experience or heard about this??

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Have seen where a rich sister donated a chunk of land gratis for an new Assembly Hall and has basically been given a "free pass" as it were despite her divorcing her husband. And she came across like she owned the KH when she fancied to make an appearance.

• zeb
    zeb

Think of the young man who jesus said to sell up your possessions and give the money to the poor and follow me.

• Listener
    Listener

I would say the practice probably goes way back to Rutherford. He was personally gifted Beth Sarim by a rich brother. He wanted the record to say that he would not accept the gift unless he could then gift it to the WTBTS on his death.

• designs
    designs

In the last congregation I attended we had a sister who was the wife of famous author Stanley Gardner, the Perry Mason novels and TV show. Her brother was one of the Elders in the KH and also executive of her Estate. As she was nearing death the Wt. guys would continually call the brother and ask for the money allocated to the Wt. in her Will be sent to them. He finally had enough and told them not so politely to at least wait until she was dead and cold in the ground before they got their grubby hands on her millions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit