Two prespectives on the year

by free2beme 2 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

Having family still active Jehovah's Witnesses, I know they see things in my life a lot different than I do. As an idea, give a perspective of how you think people see you and how you see them, as the year closes. I will go first....

Witness Relative

Another year has passed and you have still not come back to the truth. All this wasted time in your life, in which you could have been an elder and pioneer. All this time you have risked the end coming and not making it to the new system. You have truly become a part of Satan's world and are blinded from the truth of Jehovah's Word.

My perspective

Another year has passed. A year that should have never been, if I was told the truth as a Witness. One hundred years now since 1914 and as a child I was told the generations that saw that year would not pass away before the end came. I should have never started school, as 1975 was also the end and reason my mother got baptized. Another year to build the even stronger resolve in my life, that the Witnesses were not just a little wrong, but completely wrong. Yes, another year to celebrate a freedom of "end of days" mind control. Since I left, you are growing older and older... when you promised me by this time, for the old to grow young. Enjoying real life.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You have truly become a part of Satan's world and are blinded from the truth of Jehovah's Word.

Yes, they would say Jehovah is "blinding you" to the Truth as you no longer have a good heart attitude and thus no longer deserving of His underserved-kindness. Jehovah draws to Him only those He chooses. The rest are all blinded and kept in spiritual darkness.

Doc

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Witness Relatives

Why do you stubbornly refuse to return to your heavenly father while there is still time. Don't you see that you and your child will die in this old system. Even though it has been nearly a hundred years since God's Kingdom was established in heaven, we are not selfishly serving Jehovah to any particular date!

My perspective

Another year has passed. I've held on to my local government job despite cuts in central government funding. My daughter has completed her first term at university. All is going well. Meanwhile my sisters are both terribly ill and my brother, at a recent funeral, looks like he's put on three stone. Eldering not going well. I just wish they would leave!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit