John Graeff CO recently left "the work"

by James Jackson 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

John Graeff a CO in North Fla (1999-2002), Northwest Ga (2003-2006), Northeast AL (2007-2010), then Houston TX just left the "Traveling Work", anyone know why?

He was a great teacher and fiercely loyal to the organisation. He taught my Pioneer School and Elders School. Considered him a friend.

• blondie
    blondie

Serious illness, his, his wife's, a close family member?

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Recently there have been a large number to either leave / die or they are experiencing issues with family...

Bowman / Sawkiw / Crefasi doesn't have much longer left - both he and his wife have cancer

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I have witnessed many of the long-time COs leaving the traveling work. As people age there will naturally be more health issues. In the US, the WTS (HQ or the Circuit) are faced with paying for the healthcare of these fulltime servants. Thus, if they happen to have any kind of serious illness that is causing great expense to the Organization, they will likely be required to leave the traveling work. If they can make it age 65, then they will qualify for free Govt healthcare (Medicare) and as long as they can take the weekly grind required, may be allowed to continue.

However, all of our recent COs have been young, new "company men" who lack much experience in life. They've been to WT Schools for COs/DOs and they know the WTS rules. They've thoroughly studied the Shepherd the Flock Book, but are only average on their knowledge of the Bible. Don't expect them to be able to answer any of the "difficult" questions with anything more than "wait on Jehovah". Most come up short of life experience and for sure they lack any formal education that would qualify them for any real counseling of people dealing with critical issues in life. The old loving, empathetic, granddad CO seems to be non-existent anymore.

They require management who fit their current business model and are "low maintenance".

Doc

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

Anyone ever encounter a CO named Campagna?

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

What about Bro. Wickers and his surfer girl wife last we hears high-tailed it to the Seattle area? Talk about depressed souls!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

It's a crappy job. Can't blame anyone for leaving it.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

We had a CO leave his position and marry a woman with a kid. This happened right around the time I was reading on here about rumors of the CO arrangement being done away with. He was by far the nicest and most genuine CO I've ever had the privilege of meeting.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Anyone know what happened with Nardollillo or Infantino?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit