A JW opinion of "apostate" thinking

by crownboy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• crownboy
    crownboy

I found this description of "apostates" on a pro JW site to be interesting, to say the least. It's amazing how these people sound like they're reading straight from the Watchtower, or something.

. http://ofnet.homestead.com/apostate.html

Apostate quite literally means:

One who has forsaken the faith, principles, or party, to which he before adhered; esp., one who has forsaken his religion for another; a pervert; a renegade.

(Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.)

The typical apostate does not start out being an apostate. They start out angry at having been removed from the congregation for breaking some bible priniple. Their pride takes them on an emotional journey of monumental proportions. They may question the rightness of their removal. Many times they question whether the people who made the judgement to remove them are following the scriptures themselves.

The loss of various aspects of being one of Jehovah's Witnesses causes a void in their lives. This only makes them angrier and they decry the organization for its teaching that they should focus their associations around fellow believers rather then family and people that are not of the same faith. They may search out others who were formerly Jehovah's Witnesses for suport. As they continue on a path of supporting their negative view they seek out other former members experiences.

Focusing on all the negativity blocks their view of any positive features of having been one of Jehovah's Witnesses. They turn the entire experience into a black time in their lives. They seldom take up another organized religion, favoring a "personal" relationship with God. Some may seek out small study groups. These study groups never seem to stay together long as their differing views divide them.

At the heart the issue is the lack of humility. Their pride moves them to go to great lengths to "prove" themselves right. This never ending battle consumes their lives.

The one thing that is very obvious about them is their anger. It springs to the surface when ever any prolonged activity brings the memories to mind. It is wise to avoid such ones as they only tear down others faith.

The not so funny thing is, the guy/girl who wrote this really believes it.
  • OlderTom
    OlderTom

Part of the Watchtower quote

"They start out angry at having been removed from the congregation for breaking some bible priniple. Their pride takes them on an emotional journey of monumental proportions".

What a crock of sh!t!! How dare they asume to read the heart of a person. How do they know why you left? They don't but they have to paint the departing one as a villain to keep the rest of the flock under control.

Maybe the person just realizes he's been lied to all these years and wants to put an end to the deception by leaving?

Sad thing is, many of the dummies believe what the witchtower tells them and they either haven't the brains to analyse what they are being taught or I suspect they just prefere to believe the lies so they don't have to think for themselves.

I't always easier to follow blindly than to take charge of your own life. Just observe a flock of sheep. One runs they all run. It is no accident the witchtower constantly reminds JDubs to be sheep like.

So they can be more easyly fleeced.

Boy am I glad I got outa there.

And you will know the truth and the REAL truth will set you free.

OlderTom

• Valis
    Valis

So all those faithfull brothers that served Bethel and were kicked out for apostacy were really mad because they had done something else to get booted like adultery, fornication, bestiality, idolatry, greed, lust, envy, anger, pride, etc.....not a genuine feeling that manipulation of scripture is also considered apostacy...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• metatron
    metatron

"lack of humility" is at the heart of the issue?

Really?

I can do something humble - that the organization cannot.

I can say "I'm sorry"
    I can say "I was wrong"
    I can say "I apologize"

The Watchtower can't say those things. They can't even
    apologize when they get caught with evidence that the
    president of the WTS agreed with Nazi propaganda about
    "rich Jews" dominating Anglo-America.

So, lacks humility here - us or them?

metatron

• Francois
    Francois

Older Tom

You're right. The scriptures clearly state that only God can see the heart. By claiming to know what motivates another person, what their heart is, the JWs claim to be equal to God.

There is none so blind as he who will not see. Like JWs.

Francois

• DINKY
    DINKY

I'm a pervert? Yes!!

DINKY

• Sargon
    Sargon

O.K., so if the typical apostate does not start out as an apostate. Typically, when does apostacy occur?

Imagination is more important than Knowledge. Albert Einstein

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I find it funny that they claim Humility and put themselves above everyone else in the world at the same time. I did not question the rightness of my DF'ing; I knew the outcome before I even went in to talk to the elders. My only anger is wasting years of my life recovering from their programming. And please Older Tom, don't call it the WITCHTOWER. I'm a witch and I find that insulting. I am nothing like (or any of my witch friends) the WTS and all of their drones.

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

That has to be one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.

-Rick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit