I am going to buy 1st Lottery ticket tonight!

by BU2B 7 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

This is yet another baby step in my exit from the Watchtowers control over my life. In the US the Mega-Millions Jackpot is up to 587 Million $. Tickets are a dollar. I think I will buy two tickets, the way I see it is, somebody has to win and no one thinks it will be them until it is. Also I am not going to miss 2 dollars.

Is anyone else playing? If so good luck!

• sir82
    sir82

There are probably wiser ways to display independence than paying the "stupidity tax", but if it floats your boat, why not?

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I am from a other country but I have been buying tickets sometimes the last couple of years. Been playing online poker extensively for quite some time though.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Good luck. I won 50k with a free ticket from McD when I was still in and a MS. I did some research in the publications to get "Jéhovah's" view on the matter. The oldest articles stated that it was left to your conscience to accept or not since technically you hadn't wagered any money to acquire the ticket. The most recent article reversed "Jehovah's" view by saying the money was raised through a disaproved activity and accepting the prize money would be like accepting diamonds as a gift knowing they were stolen. I seriously considered not claiming the prize not to lose my service privilèges. This got me thinking ot the situation where it is OK to accept blood fractions acquired through blood donation...an activity disaproved by God...

One year after I found TTATT and left the cult and I occasionally buy tickets...you never know what may happen.

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

Bought my first ticket a couple of weeks ago. Not a big deal, I just avoid doing it too much to avoid a possible addiction. Plus, something has to pay my tuition....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Give up having a Coke with your next Burger and you will have "paid" for the ticket.

Either way, you probably "pissed away" a dollar.

Doc

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Years ago one of the local papers ran some kind of contest with different levels of cash prizes, which supposedly most Dubs viewed as gambling, I remember after the book study one night the subject came up somehow about the gambling or something and the study conductors son said "my dad plays " . ..", whatever the name of the game was, you should've seen the look on the conductors face !

Then a week or so later I remember he made sure to mention to my mother and whoever was standing around that he stopped playing the game . .. yeah, right.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Yes, I purchased tickets yesterday for the Megamillions and the Powerball. What the hey!

The first time I played the lottery in almost 2 decades was the big powerball in May 2012.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit