When was your last Elder, Circuit Overseer, or District Overseer home visit ?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Two years ago an Elder from my old congregation and a new Circuit Overseer paid me a visit as to why I haven't been to any meetings in some time.

While eating breakfast with my family, the door bell rings around 10:00 a.m. I open the door and find my old congregation Elder and the new Circuit Overseer . I tell them that this is not a good time to talk and if they can call me on the phone next time they pay me a visit. ( I guess they figure if they call on the phone you won't pick it up but you will answer the door when you're not expecting them )

That was the last attempt they made to talk to me. I guess out of sight out of mind.( i'm not complaining )

When was your last visit?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Haha! No one would dare come to my home unannounced. Rippy no likey.

• kaik
    kaik

I was visiting my aged relative who is JW, but very confused of the new light teaching after being in Truth for 40 or so years and certainly lost. Before we had lunch in noon, someone decided to stop by at 11:45 AM for visit- a pair of elders. What was the reason, I do not know, maybe the word had spread out in small village that old woman had sudden male visitor, who knows and they did not know I was the relative. The elders were inquiring about my presence etc., and tried to get into the house, which I had prevented. I was not sure what they wanted and did not feel comfortable having strangers in the house. My relative was still busy making lunch, so she did not comes to door. I closed the door three times; three times they rang the bell. After I had told them that they will not be allowed in without stating the reason why they are there, they had left. After I talked to my relative, she said it was not surprised that they come before lunch. She said it became a part of the routine around the congregation to make shepherd visits around the lunch and dinner time so they get free meal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit