Upcoming assembly program - child shortage

by Bonnie_Clyde 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

My daughter-in-law's father has been assigned a part on the assembly where he has to interiew 3 children. Problem is...there is only one child in his congregation. Half of his congregation is over 60 years old. This should be interesting!

Anybody know what the part might be about? I have to believe it will be about planning ahead to pioneer after graduation and not go to college.

Bonnie

• blondie
    blondie

Probably hard to find parents in good standing with a child in good standing (if that is possible) (child not in good standing = paents no in good standing

Some congregations are in areas populated by older people, grown children and grandchildren living elsewhere (Florida)

Even around here "good" children are scarce; they borrow from a congregation in the circuit; even combining them with another couple to pose as the child's parents (once the scenario was children from one congregation, mother/wife from another family, father/husband from a third family)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Here's the WT fix:

Just dress some of those elders to fit the part.

• blondie
    blondie

They only need 3, so I take it elder with the part is the one with a shirt on.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..............JW Big Bird...........................................Hey Big Bird!..

.......Didn`t get an Education...........Wanna meet me in the Bethel Sauna?!..

............................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

In our area, it's the same kids for every assembly or convention interview. I used to be one of them lol

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Probably another experience of how some young person turned down a scholarship, choosing to pioneer instead of pursuing higher education.

I always wondered, do they ever really offer students scholarships if the student didn't complete an application for one?Why would a JW apply for a scholarship if they were planning to pioneer after high school?

Doc

• Gayle
    Gayle

That's what they (GB) gets,, They've so burden down families, kids, teenagers. The GB have burned down the life of the kids.. Hopefully,,kids are not wanting to pioneer right out of school.

Unfortunately, they'll probably pressure a few kids enough to do the part.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Desirous of Change - Since Freddy Franz turned down a Rhodes Scholarship when he was a lad, I guess anything is possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit