9/11 resemblance

by A.proclaimer 5 Replies latest jw friends

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

I found this picture while searching through the old Watchtowers. This one is in the July 15, 1975 (spanish). I don't know what date it would be for the English edition. It sure reminded me of 9/11.

• rmt1
    rmt1

Those are all modern analogues to the Tower of Babel. They all defy gravity. They all require a minimum infrastructure base of tens of thousands of workers, and lots of collaboration. Sometimes international, sometimes multi-lingual. And they get closer to God, if that exists, than 8 or 12 or 13 wrinkle bags of hot air ever could on their own merits. GB hate human successes with a frothing passion, except when they can use that point of success to their own advantage. They are analogous to the 9/11 fundamentalist Islamists in regarding human success in general as the Great Satan, with the U.S. as the greatest demonstrable specific exponent. But they are the definition of risk-averse, so they are not analogous to anyone that explicitly performs violence outside the cowardly defense of a wall of law, or at least a wall of lawyers.

• dog is god
    dog is god

OMG!

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

The jet is going the opposite way. Just like the Watchtower to get it backwards.

• adamah
    adamah

The jet looks like a 747, and the rocket looks like an ICBM.

Both missed the Twin Towers, and as said by AlphaMan, are headed the wrong direction...

But otherwise, it's pretty close and kinda spooky!

Adam

• rmt1
    rmt1

Uh, Apollo Command Module and Service Module? Somewhat pre-Twin Towers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit