And so it begins.....

by quellycatface 1 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I have been out and about over the last couple of days. Getting some nice little Christmassy decorations and mince pies. At least 3 sisters have shunned me!!!It is almost a relief, at least I'm not being asked how I am, "missed you at the KH last night" etc.... BUT it is still a shock. I am trying to keep positive and wake up to the fact that if they were TRUE friends their love would come without clauses.

Anyone else have any similar experiences when they left the Borg?

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

Whoa, well done you!

I've got my Christmas decorations too but have kept a very low profile with my public self (facebook, twitter). But yes, finally, after so many years, the thrill of celebrating my first birthday, being given gifts, and looking forward to getting Christmas gifts as well is amazing!

Now, I spoke briefly with a very good friend of mine who's now fading and asked him, 'has anyone kept in touch with you?' No. I've been out for a year, and he's been out for months. I have reason to believe people think I'm an apostate but they seem afraid to talk to me. Even the elders have left me alone.

So, I'm happy I'm being left alone, but it's just sad that whatever friends I thought I had are just behaving like brainwashed monkeys. I miss some nice, intelligent people who are currently wasting their lives, health, money, and brains pioneering, being elders, etc. But I'm also testing the grip the Borg has on them and observing from a distance should I ever try to make a move.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit