My friend's Mom apologized to her kids for teaching them lies!

by Hortenzie 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

She has been a witness most of her life. Her three kids were brought up as JW in a communist country and the whole family suffered reprisals from the regime for being in the org. (Father was well know elder). She is a very intelligent person and always studied all the material. Over the last few years she realized that most of what she believed and taught her children has been been changed. She was devastated but courageously stood in front of her children and apologized for teaching them lies. They all, except the Father, stopped going to the meetings and are trying to figure out what's next.

They don't speak English and didn't know about the UN, pedophiles, CoC, and so on. It was just the doctrinal changes that woke them up.

I just wanted to share this story with all of you who are hoping that your loved ones will wake up. Anything is possible!

I'm so happy, they were my favourite family in my Mom's congr!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Whoo hoo! I have a facebook JW friend who asks me a question every now and then about the UN and that.

• designs
    designs

That was a brave and kind thing to do for her children.

• zeb
    zeb

Fortunatly I was never radical but I have been tempted.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Wow. The response has been underwhelming (Sad face).

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Hortenzie Thank You for your post. I appreciate hearing of your friend apoligizing to her children. I also tried apologizing to my children for raising them JWs a few months ago.

Both of my children said I didn't need to apologize as I raised them the only way I knew as I was a born in and now we are all out and living as normal of a life as we are able as westill try to keep some contact with a few still JW family.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

That's a loving mom. I'm glad they were blessed with a mother who could be strong AND humble. She will have children who always have reason to honor her and respect that she really was doing what she thought was right-and when she knew otherwise, she corrected. How many do that?

• clarity
    clarity

Hortenzie ...I just now saw this post ...where has

it been??

>

Nice experience for sure .... some times I feel like

I should find all my old bible studies & apologize to

them! Be a bit difficult tho!

>

I have talked to my kids who are out but those in,

hard to say more than the minimum appology before

they walk out on you! LOL

clarity

• clarity
    clarity

double post

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Your friend did the right thing. About a year ago I did the same. My daughter was very gracious and told me she knew I was teaching what i sincrely believed would be best for her. wooo hooo! Our relationship was noticebly strengthened afterwards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit