Mac & Cheese please.....

by quellycatface 5 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Have any of you guys got some recipes for a tasty macaroni cheese?

I know it's a bit off the wall but I need cheering up!!!!

• blondie
    blondie
    Ingredients

2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (7 ounces)
    1/4 cup butter or margarine
    1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    2 cups milk
    2 cups shredded or cubed Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
    Directions

• 1 Heat oven to 350ºF.
    • 2 Cook macaroni as directed on package.
    • 3 While macaroni is cooking, melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, pepper. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constanly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
    • 4 Drain macaroni. Gently stir macaroni into cheese sauce. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.

And this is just the beginning! While stirring the cooked macaroni into the cheese sauce, try adding sliced ripe or green olives or bite-size pieces of cooked vegetables, hot dogs or cooked sausage, COOKED CRISPY BACON, or drained albacore tuna. Mix cheeses, try pepper jack, swiss, sharp cheddar.

Add a 4-ounce can of chopped green chilies, drained, for a perked-up version of mac and cheese.

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

I just had this version last night at a dinner party and it was scrumptious:

butternut mac n cheese

• jgnat
    jgnat

I put in a pinch of mustard or curry powder and paprika for zip and colour.

• clarity
    clarity

Top it with buttered bread crumbs (especially homemade bread!)

and then put it in the oven ....................omg!!!!!!!!!!

clarity

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I might have to try that, my husband loves Mac and cheese, I can never go wrong serving him comfort food. We recently went to a restaurant that specializes in Mac and cheese. It was really good, and I liked that they offered gluten free versions. My favorite was the dessert though, it was vanilla pudding with caramel sauce, it was to die for. It was nothing like the boxed kind you can buy in a store.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit