Did U find King David a rude crude dude?

by Matty 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Matty
    Matty

Expatbrit – I think I’m gonna upset some more fundies here! King David, what a lovely guy! Polygamist of course – but that was “accepted” in those days. Adultery and murder… deceitful lying… hmm, but he was soooooooo sorry! God forgave him – nice of God, eh? God killed his son who did nothing wrong though - shame. Now I’m not saying that David shouldn’t have been forgiven – but lets have a bit of consistency here!

Uzzah – what kind of guy was he? Well, he was guiding the cart with the Ark of the Covenant on it. David at the time was celebrating with his harps and cymbals and stuff – he liked to party – well don’t we all?

Whoops, the oxen stumbled, the cart wobbled, the precious Ark was in serious danger of being a smashed up ex-Ark! Uzzah reached out and took hold of the ark to stop it falling over.

ZAP! Bye bye Uzzah. God was in a bit of a mood that day, too bad he didn’t touch the Ark on the same day that King David was feeling a little horny with someone else’s wife… - “He must have had a bad heart, though”. Quite. David was cross with God – didn’t like what God had done to Uzzah. ZAP! Erm...No zap this time, God forgave David for being cross at him. Nice.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

LOL...hark...is that the sound of fundies building a bonfire that I hear?

However, before your soul is purified in the flames, I would just like to let you know that I concur completely with your views of King David. I've always detested him, even when I was a JW.

I mean, the guy had absolutely no self-control over his emotions. Always blubbering and weeping one second, then prancing around with a tambourine the next.

Spoilt brat, too. Got to do everything up to and including murdering a guy to steal his wife, and it was always others taking the rap.

And of course, Jesus was descended from him. No wonder Christ and his followers spent so much time whining.

Expatbrit

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Well what I like best about David is that he was a great dancer. In fact, he not only danced but he also played an instrument while doing so. If he lived today, he might have been a member of one of those boy bands!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit