DAMAGE CONTROL BEGINS!!!!

by msconcerned 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

Just when you think you can trust people, even family YOU CANT!! I have put out some feelers to gauge reaction and thoughts. Even though many feel the morale is bad they will turn on you in a heartbeat. Someone close to me just told my wife that i was leaving the truth. I had to shut it down, i said that i am officially done with questions and im back on track.

God they have no capacity for reason. A statement to all who THINK that it is safe to confide in anyone who is a witness STOP, THEY CANNOT BE TRUSTED. I know this has been stated before and yeah i thought i was different, i thought i could get through to others but i was sadly mistaken. Please heed this advice. ARRRGGGHH i am sooo STUPID. Looks like this is my ONLY outlet i have to talk. Who else has been let down like this?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Sorry to hear that -- well, back-pedal and see whether you can smooth things over. They are a bunch of really awful gossips, even the ones you think are nice and intelligent.

• MysticMage
    MysticMage

If they are JW they cannot be trusted.

They are trained to give you two weeks notice before they snitch to the all mighty elders.

• adamah
    adamah

msconcerned said-

I know this has been stated before and yeah i thought i was different, i thought i could get through to others but i was sadly mistaken. Please heed this advice. ARRRGGGHH i am sooo STUPID.

Yup, it's sad and painful thing to experience, and sadly, all too true (oh, I'm not agreeing on the part where you called yourself stupid, so don't apply it to that, LOL!).

One ultimately can save only oneself, once you learn TTATT, and trying to save anyone else is risky since they may rat you out in a NY minute. But on the other hand, it's palpable confirmation of the nature of friendship in JW World, AKA "conditional friends".

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Ouch! Telling the truth around JWs is like playing with vipers. Here's an old thread about my experiences...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/254990/1/exJW-Psychology-102-How-to-Ask-a-Question-When-Questions-Arent-Allowed#.Up1FheIljcw

Besides being careful about what I said to whom, I was usually pretty good at taking the high ground... as in, "Oh, well, after all my years as a bethelite and elder, I sometimes forget how weak and confused some publishers get if they get asked a question that isn't printed at the bottom of a page."

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

Billy, thanks for that link. I have used the "kangaroo" question before and all i ever got was a look like i was an idiot with the words "Jehovah can do anything" Yeah i guess i am an idiot for thinking!

I think i will lay low for a while.

• Comatose
    Comatose

This happened to me too. Listen the JWs have apostate antennae that are amazing. You are now going to be studied and scrutinized for a while. Don't let your guard down. Unless you can somehow reach your wife and then you can act together. Until then don't think a few months are all it takes. You can't slip up again in the next year. Be careful man. Im sorry as well. It's miserable I know. I thought I could talk with someone I was related to and close to. Nope! You can't trust anyone.

• oppostate
    oppostate

I've been burnt like this many times. Just when you think you are able to share TTATT points with someone they end up blabbing to the elders and it turns into an inquisition where you have to "apologize that you'd been misunderstood". How many times can this happen? As many times as you try and try and try again to open someone's eyes and they're not ready to waken up yet from the CULT! Yup it's a cult! And yep, they're brainwashed. And I'm thankful I was able to wake up from it thanks in part to the insensitivity and the grandstanding by CO Scott Henry and his Daddy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit