Interview with an Apostate - ablebodiedman

by ablebodiedman 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Tell us a little about yourself and your family.

Wife left me when I decided to become a Jehovah's Witness.

Daughter left same time I did when disfellowshipped for sending a snail mail letter to every single JW address I had.

My daughter lived with me one week then her mother the next.

She won a scholarship for having the highest marks in her high school during the graduating year.

She is now in her 4th year of University living with two other students.

Were you a born in or a convert?

Convert

Are your parents / family JWs?

No

How many generations have been JWs?

Just me however, I do have a grandmother who was studying.

Did you hold any position in the WTS? (MS, Elder etc...)

Nope.

Did you *really* believe in the bible, in spirits (angels, demons)?

Absolutely!

Did you get baptised? When and why?

The bible scriptures do indicate that baptism is a necessary thing for a Christian to do.

What was the initial trigger that made you start questioning things?

Wondered why Jesus Christ would be distressed over "His Baptism" (Luke 12:50 Indeed, I have a baptism with which to be baptized, and how I am being distressed until it is finished!) and began researching every thing about baptism and the vows which the JW's compel people to make.

Where did you find information? Internet sites? Books?

Mostly the Bible and WT publications. Also began asking questions on JW forums.

How difficult or painful was the process of leaving?

I was both dismayed and yet also joyful. I took a stand for Jesus Christ and was immediately persecuted and had wicked lies told about me.

After my JC hearing I exited the Kingdom Hall and literally started jumping for joy, much to the dismay of the elder who locked the glass doors behind me.

Matthew 5:11-12

"Happy are YOU when people reproach YOU and persecute YOU and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against YOU for my sake. 12 Rejoice and leap for joy, since YOUR reward is great in the heavens; for in that way they persecuted the prophets prior to YOU.

Was it a big dramatic exit or a careful quiet fade?

Dramatic. (see above)

Did you convince anyone else to leave with you?

I still do not know if my original letter convinced anyone to leave.

Since then however, my book, blogs and videos have convinced many to exit including at least one person who was partaking.

How were your family relations affected by your decision?

Largest difficulty has been helping my non-JW daughter to come to terms with how extremely profound the entire experience was and continues to be.

Were you or are you still being shunned by those who didn't leave?

Yep, have not moved from my community and continue to have shunning experiences at least once every week.

How long have you now been out?

9 years

Was there anything you looked forward to doing when you left?

Helping others understand what is occuring to the Jehovah's Witnesses and how it profoundly fits with everything that Jesus Christ said would happen!

What are you most proud of achieving since you left?

Wrote my first ever book, blogs and learned how to make videos.

Is there anything you miss about life in the congregation?

Field Service, yes, I liked it! (unlike many in the congregation)

Giving the #4 talks because I had lots of freedom in what I could say. The outline was very informal. (yes, I enjoyed it!)

Some of those sisters were amazing cooks!

Weekly scrub ice hockey games in the winter.

Tennis and soccer in the summer.

Red pill or blue pill? Do you regret waking up to reality at all?

No regrets!

In fact being awake has made me happy!

Unlike many other EX-JWs in this community I believe that Armageddon is ALL ABOUT BEING AWAKE AND HAPPY!

Revelation 16:15-16

"Look! I am coming as a thief. Happy is the one that stays awakeand keeps his outer garments, that he may not walk naked and people look upon his shamefulness." And they gathered them together to the place that is called in Hebrew Har–Ma·ged´on.

Did you become an atheist or transfer your faith elsewhere?

There was no need to transfer my faith anywhere.

I was disfellowshipped for taking a stand for Jesus Christ.

They actually said from the platform of the Kingdom Hall; "[ablebodiedman] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness".

Romans 9:25-26

and in the place where it was said to them, ‘YOU are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’"

Jesus Christ told us that a time would come when this would happen and that we should remember that he told us!

John 16:1-4

"I have spoken these things to YOU that YOU may not be stumbled. 2 Men will expel YOU from the synagogue. In fact, the hour is coming when everyone that kills YOU will imagine he has rendered a sacred service to God. 3 But they will do these things because they have not come to know either the Father or me. 4 Nevertheless, I have spoken these things to YOU that, when the hour for them arrives, YOU may remember I told them to YOU.

Now that everything that Jesus Christ said would happen is really happening I no longer need faith to believe that what Jesus Christ said would happen, would happen!

How do you now feel about religion in general?

Completely dismayed!

Do you feel any guilt celebrating xmas or birthdays or doing any other JW "no-no"s?

I still do not celebrate Christmas. The hypocricies are just too enormous!

I don't like the idea of celebrating the fact that I have lived yet another year when there are some people who do not even make it to their 1st birthday.

Have you attended any face-to-face meetups of ex-JWs?

No.

Describe your circle of friends - mostly other ex-JWs or regular people?

Mostly regular people.

Do you tell people about your JW past?

Yes, if they ask about my spiritual background or ask if I go to church.

Do you feel animosity or pity toward current JWs?

I feel animosity towards the elites and pity for the rank and file.

How do you respond to witnesses when they call at your door?

It doesn't happen!

They know where I live and avoid me like the plague.

Storm the barricades or tend to the wounded? (do you favor activism or support)

Have to do both.

What do you think is the most effective approach to reaching people still in?

The earth has given us the Internet which is swallowing up all those lies!

Need to exploit the Internet as much as possible.

Revelation 12:16

But the earth came to the woman’s help, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the river that the dragon disgorged from its mouth.

Do you think the WTS can or should be destroyed, will continue on as-is or grow / change?

I believe the WTS is the very last iteration of Christianity which will be destroyed by the next Kingdom that God sets up!

Daniel 2:44

"And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;

Revelation 21:26-27

And they will bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. 27 But anything not sacred and anyone that carries on a disgusting thing and a lie will in no way enter into it; only those written in the Lamb’s scroll of life [will].

There is no doubt in my mind that all Christian denominations including the JW's are full of liars, and disgusting things (pedophiles?).

Revelation above shows that cannot happen in the next kingdom that God sets up!

How has your life been impacted by your JW past?

Profoundly!

Are there things in your life you blame the WTS for?

Yes.

JW upbringing - a protection or a curse?

A curse which will is being biblically fulfilled.

How do you fill your time now it's not filled with meetings and field service?

Writing second edition of book. Blogs. Videos. Visiting EX-JW forums.

Do you still have an interest in JW beliefs and doctrines?

Yep, very interested!

How much of your time is still spent on JW related matters?

A large part of my life is spent on JW related stuff.

What do you think of the ex-JW community?

I think the EX-JW community is where disfellowshipped Christians are gathered together and get further sifted and refined.

I can watch what Jesus Christ said would happen, happening right here on this forum.

I can see the weeping and grieving.

I can see people being stumbled.

Very occasionally I can see people really joyful when they realize what is actually happening to them.

At the present time however, it is just a small remnant.

All of these things have to happen:

Daniel 11:34-35

But when they are made to stumble they will be helped with a little help; and many will certainly join themselves to them by means of smoothness. 35 And some of those having insight will be made to stumble, in order to do a refining work because of them and to do a cleansing and to do a whitening, until the time of [the] end; because it is yet for the time appointed.

Do you see yourself still being associated with the ex-JW community in 5 or 10 years time?

I would like to stick around and be found giving a little help right up until the time that Jesus Christ returns.

Do you fear the future?

Not as much as I used to!

What advice would you give to anyone starting the journey of leaving the WTS?

Take the time to very carefully understand what is happening to you and others measured against what Jesus Christ said would happen to Christians.

My book and videos have been designed to help with this.

What would you change in your life if you could go back and talk to yourself?

I have made a lot of mistakes and bad decisions which I would like to change.

I have absolutely no regrets about becoming a Jehovah's Witness.

Even though I am now disfellowshipped I am convinced that the very profound things that have happened in my life would not have happened if I had not become a Jehovah's Witness.

In comparison, any other kind of life would be have been mundane.

Do you have any regrets about life since you left?

No!

Can we read your life-story anywhere? (links to online or books)

I have not written a detailed account of my life.

It is not very relevant compared to the many other things I could write about.

You can however, read (and/or download) my book here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/8292444/Jehovahs-Witnesses-The-Bible-Report

or get a paperback version through my blog:

http://thebiblereport.blogspot.ca/

or watch video's through my youtube channel.

abe

• ablebodiedman
  • Sapphy
    Sapphy

Thanks ablebodiedman - you always bring a different perspective. I'm going to watch that youtube video tonight.

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks Ablebodiedman.

Am I one of the chief stumblers?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Interesting story. Thanks for sharing it.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Thanks for sharing. I enjoy your videos too.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Thanks Ablebodiedman.

Am I one of the chief stumblers?

Cofty,

A Christians faith has greater value when it is tested.

You are doing a very important service:

1 Peter 1:3-7

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4  to an incorruptible and undefiled and unfading inheritance. It is reserved in the heavens for YOU, 5  who are being safeguarded by God’s power through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last period of time. 6  In this fact YOU are greatly rejoicing, though for a little while at present, if it must be, YOU have been grieved by various trials, 7  in order that the tested quality of YOUR faith, of much greater value than gold that perishes despite its being proved by fire, may be found a cause for praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

abe

• cofty
    cofty

You are doing a very important service:

You are welcome, it's always a pleasure.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

I just did some youtube analytics on my channel.

As far as the numbers are concerned I prefer the number of minutes that my videos have been watched to any of the other data.

So here it is:

Last month 12,552 minutes watched.

Then I convert to hours:

12,552/60 = 209.2

Hours per day = 209.2/30 = 7 hours per day

So...............

Just needed someone to report my time to.

It has become a habit I guess!

Does that make me a "special pioneer?

abe

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Another great read. Glad your daughter made it out, too. My best friend says I spend more time reverse witnessing, lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit