abortion vs holocaust

by unstopableravens 692 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, if life starts with breath, then it's not shameful, is it caliber?

• jgnat
    jgnat

By the way, on my quick cruise through the entire thread this morning, I came across an unanswered (on my part) analogy from unstopable. Unstopable mentioned that a person on life-support, where the equipment is doing the breathing for him, is still alive.

Well, sort of. These days we use two tests; can the person breathe on their own and is there any brain activity? If there is no brain activity, we turn off the machine. No breath, no life.

A fetus with under-developed lungs could not be kept artificially alive with a machine.

The first job on an infant's birth is to get it breathing. No breath, no life.

• jgnat
    jgnat

P.S. the bible is silent on the matter of brain activity.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

jgnat: even if the bible spelled everything out, to the letter. most here would reject it anyway. the

• jgnat
    jgnat

That's right. Skim right past the hard questions and go directly to ad-hominem.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

jgnat: sure. i have more than been fair answering questions, you my friend have not

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

USR: even if the bible spelled everything out, to the letter. most here would reject it anyway.

Actually, it through reading the Bible that I concluded - as a young JW (circa 10/11 years of age) - that abortion was not identified as a sin, by Jehovah.

I realized that the God of the Bible (OT) did not consider life in general, or all human life in particular, to be "sacred," untouchable, or worth preserving at all costs.

This god:

- boasted of promoting the killing of the unborn children of his (/Israel's) enemies: the inconvenient, incalcitrant, in-the-way peoples (effectively, abortion - against the mothers' will).

- ordered and organized massacres and ethnic cleansing.

- ordered and enforced the death penalty for defined 'criminal' acts. [Which penalty could sometimes be satisfied with a monetary payment to named individuals.]

- demanded the slaughter of countless animals and birds.

In Jehovah's eyes, the value of a human life is always relative, sometimes negotiable - dependent upon the situation, the group membership of a person, the time period, even a whim.

The principle of the relative value of human life is recognized in all societies, even today. Every society/nation has established standards or laws according to which a human life may lawfully be taken or willfully allowed to come to a premature end; and those standards have little or nothing to do with age or innocence.

If you are interested to follow this line of thinking, I will continue - if you so indicate. Else, I will stop here, realizing that my meaning and intent may again be misconstrued (as with my earlier comment on this thread).

• caliber
    caliber

Well, if life starts with breath, then it's not shameful, is it caliber? How am I to deal with if's but with another if ?

If my next door neighbor seeded a garden and I went over and dug up the seeds

and then said no I didn't destroy "your plants" because they were just seeds which you planted in the ground

Shouldn't potential , natural development mean anything ? Potential stages are started

Would you respect your neighbors right to protest that because of your actions he will have no produce this fall ?

Why do I need science to try and explain such common sense things ?

As far as God breathing life into Adam before he was considered a living being ; this simply might mean giving him the spirit or spark to begin life

which yes, required breathing air as well as a heart beating. ( because Adam never was in a womb ..needed natural breath right now ! )

P.S. the bible is silent on the matter of brain activity.. the brain activity that I most worry about is that of the 'would be mother'

If I take the spark plugs out of a car...can I still call it a car ? ..... it will not run

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

why is it that most athiest are pro choice and most ppl who believe in God or a god are pro life? christain, jw rcc all are generally pro life correct me if im wrong but i think even muslims are anti abortion. and thoses you deny a higher being are not against abortion itself, even if they themeselves would not do it. in a sense does the idea that athiest have that there is no higher source of morality, force them to be ok with abortion? im just thinking out loud here

• bohm
    bohm

Unstop: in a sense does the idea that athiest have that there is no higher source of morality, force them to be ok with abortion? im just thinking out loud here

you hit it on the head, we are amoral nazi vermin, why else would we support the new holocaust?

cant you hear how crazy these people make you sound?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit