I sent my DA letter in yesterday.

by quellycatface 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Feel like I've been in a car accident and I'm on the road to recovery....I wonder what will happen next?? My husband, (non JW) says he would'nt be surprised if they DF'd me as one or two elders are quite spiteful. Can they can't fire me cos I quit, surely??

I have no regrets.

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

To be sure, because you sent in a DA letter, they will announce that you are no longer one of Jehovah's witnesses.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

DF or DA is sort of just semantics. The official announcement is the same and the shunning treatment is the same.

Actually, DA is often considered worse as they assume apostacy, and therefore (almost) unforgiveable.

A DA letter is not right for everyone. But for some, it is incredibly cathartic.

I hope the letter gives *you* the closure and result that *you* want.

-Aude.

• alanv
    alanv

They probably like it more when someone disassociates themselves, because there is no doubt then that the individual does not want to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses any more, and that is what is read out at the kingdom hall.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I had to break free. Last week the pioneer couple called at my door after I specifically told them not to contact me. Are they thick or what?? I never answered but made it clear I was at home!!!! Tee hee.

I just did'nt want to hide anymore in my neighbourhood. I really don't give a f**ck what they think or say about me. I love God and still pray and feel he will understand what I've done.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Good for you, and since the announcement is the same if you're not going back ever then what is the difference.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Well done Quellycatface and welcome to freedom. Perhaps you haven't yet realised that the call in Revelation to "Get out of her my people" applies equally to the WTBS. Now you are free to have a personal relationship with Jah's son Christ, who we are urged to "LISTEN to" because as he tells us he ALONE is THE TRUTH (John 14:6). And now you really can accept his invitation in Rev 22:17 to "Come and take life's water free"? And without ANY religion's interference.

I hope you find peace.

Loz x

• twice shy
    twice shy

Hi, how has it been since you heard of the announcement? I like that you said they can't fire me because I quit.

I have lived a life regret free for over a decade. This was before I left the hall. My only regret now are some of the things I gave up to be a witness, a strong spiritually minded witness, and to put Jehovah first in the eyes of man.

On my way out I realized he always came first and that it was no one's right to judge that for me. I think of going back every now and then, but then I ask myself why? I already wasn't listening to half of the elder's talks because I had lost a deep sense of respect for them.

I hope you are happily enjoying life.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

quelly congrats for standing up for what you believe and actually getting opf the rolls of that disgusting org.

You can now move on with your life knowinbg you have no link to that vile group.

May the universe be good to you

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Matthew 5:46-48

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

46 For if you love those who love you, what reward will you have? Don’t even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing out of the ordinary? [ a ] Don’t even the Gentiles [ b ] do the same? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit