Simple life at bethel

by KSFernando 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KSFernando
    KSFernando

Today watchtower study encourage simple life for pionears. I am live in a asian country. The bethel provide luxury facilities for their bethel family. Luxury apartments, AC roomms etc. They have to spend lot of money to maintain such a luxury apartments. Only high class people have that kind of facility in our country.

However they encourage pioneers and others to simple their life and give their donations as much as possible to maintain such a luxury aprtments. So i would like to know the bethel facilites at developexd countries.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Bethel sucks dude. You gotta eat all your meals with the same people every single day. You gotta sit next to the same boring married couple who hate each other, every single morning at 7 am. You gotta go to the bethel family watchtower study on Monday nights and listen to the same dicks try to impress the bethel brass with their brilliance. You gotta work your arse off for your $75 bucks a month. Your underwear gets washed with everyone else's and you end up with fungal infections of the groin.

Bethel is the most fucked up place on earth.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

$75 a month might sound like a lot if you're in a South East Asian country, but where I live it is the price of food for a week for an adult, if the adult eats cheaply. I know in some parts of Asia that is a lot of money. So while you pioneers in SE Asia live in your tiny bamboo houses with no electricity or water, the Asian bethelites live like kings! In reality, the WT Society could afford to give all Asian JWs houses, education and healthcare.

I know bethelites who served in Yangon and visited Yangon Bethel twice, and saw how the people lived in the delta area and upcountry. The contrast was unbelievable, but the bethelites still didn't have as good conditions as non-bethelites in Australia, my country.

• Fernando
    Fernando

In developed and developing countries, at least those I know of, the best building materials are used to build the best modern buildings and facilities to last many decades with free volunteer labour and generous donations.

The wealthy and educated are in a position to give more whilst believing they are giving to the "God of Abraham" whilst in-fact being duped by the "god of religion".

• wasblind
    wasblind

Bethel is the most fucked up place on earth____Tiktaalik

Fungal infections. Sounds like paradise

• Weana
    Weana

Standard of bethel facilities and accomodaton is quite on the same level all over the world. That means, in developed countries, bethel life is really a very simple life in comparison with wordly life; whereas, in developing countries, Bethelites live on higher standard than average people in that country.

I think, the idea of GB is, that Bethelites should live on the same level worldwide as they are doing the same work for the same international organization.

The monthly reimbursement is not the same all over the world. But, again: for Bethelites in developed country, reimbursement may be on the level of pocket money that a young worldly teenager would receive from his parents; whereas, in low developed countries, reimbursement may even exceed the local salary of an unskilled worldly full-time worker.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Tiktaalik: Sounds like someone who knows stuff - exactly how it is. Agree.

Bethel facilities in Central America where for the rich, like gated communities:

- Lush gardens

- Mercedes cars (Nicaragua, Costa Rica)

- Swimming Pools (Dominican Republic)

- AC, Power generators, etc.

For developing countries definitely luxurious Lifestyle.

All in all: Bethel sucks arse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit