Small tattoo

by happy@last 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• happy@last
    happy@last

So yesterday after serious consideration I decided to walk into the parlour and get a small tattoo on my wrist. It's a small emblem/logo I created that has great meaning to me but wouldn't make sense to anyone else. I am so pleased with it and this morning can't stop looking at it and feeling happy about it. It's amazing how a small decision or action can have a big effect. Just thought I'd share this. By the way I can see how it could be addictive, I really enjoyed the experience!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Cool! Good for you! Glad you got something with personal meaning.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Cool beans

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Yup after years of thinking tattoos were soooooo bad thanks to JWs I got my first about a.year ago...love it...love it...love it..want more more more

• adamah
    adamah

to OP!

At least in the US, getting a tattoo has become so common that it's more of a rite of passage for many young adults who do it without giving it a second thought about whether they need to gain permission from some parental authority figure to get one.

Of course, many people are unaware that getting a tattoo can effect their ability to donate blood, so if that's something you're thinking about doing as well, check with your local blood donation center to find their policy; if in the US, Red Cross has eligibility criteria on-line.

IMO, donating blood is another option in liberating yourself from the WTBTS, and arguably better, since it's also a selfless action, a random act of kindness for fellow humans whom you'll never even meet. Heck, people can even do both, or anything else that previously was verboten for you without having a sound reason behind it.

BTW, I recently was reading this site written by a Xian fundamentalist, supporting his claim that the Bible prohibits tattoos:

http://www.av1611.org/tattoos/bible.html

Anyone who's learning principles of logic and rhetoric might find it interesting to read, as it's fun to play "spot and identify the logical fallacy" which the author relies upon in the article.

Adam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit