THE LIVING DEAD

by Masterji 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Masterji
    Masterji

"What is not only the first, but the daily school lesson taught
    to the Roman Catholic? Is it not that one of the greatest
    crimes which a man can commit is to follow his "private judgment"?
    which means that he has eyes, but cannot see; ears, but cannot hear; and intelligence, but he cannot make use of it in the research of truth and light and knowledge, without danger of being eternally dammed. His superiors—which mean the priests and the Pope---must see for him, hear for him, and think for him. Yes, the Roman Catholic is constantly told in his school that the most unpardonable and damnable crime is to make use of his own intelligence and follow his own private judgment in the research of truth. He is constantly reminded that man’s own private judgment is his greatest enemy.

But as this will look like an exaggeration on my part, allow me to force the Church of Rome to come here and speak for herself. Please pay attention to what she has to say about the intellectual faculties of men. Here are the very words of the so-called Saint Ignatius Loyola, the founder of the Jesuit Society.

"As for holy obedience, this virtue must be perfect in every point-in execution, in will, in intellect; doing which is enjoined with all celerity, spiritual joy and perseverance; persuading ourselves that everything is just, suppressing every repugnant thought and judgment of one’s own in a certain obedience; and let every one persuade himself, that he who lives under obedience should be moved and directed, under Divine Providence, by his superior, JUST AS IF HE WERE A CORPSE(perinde acsi cadaver esset) which allows itself to be moved and led in every direction."

A quote from: FIFTY YEARS IN THE CHURCH OF ROME
    By: CHAS. CHINIQUY

"First, since, "oneness" is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge is concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes
    to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ and "the faithful and discreet slave."

A quote from: THE WATCHTOWER ( 8-1-01)
    By: THE GOVERNING BODY

"It is only when he will be like a corpse before his superior that the young Roman Catholic will have attained to the highest degree of perfect manhood. Is not such a doctrine absolutely anti-Christian and anti-social?"

"Listen to the words of that infallible Pope Gregory XV1., in his celebrated Encyclical of the 15th August, 1832. "If the holy Church so requires, let us sacrifice our own opinions, our knowledge, our intelligence, the splendid dreams of our imagination, and the most sublime attainments of the human understanding."

LIKE MOTHER LIKE DAUGHTER

M

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

regarding this thread I remember to have read about 2-3 years ago an article on any website here in the net. It compares the organisation of teh church of Rome with the WTS. I ve copied it, but, sorry, lost it.
    Does anybody know what I mean or know this article?
    I would appreciate to get it back as it was very good worked out

• Bang
    Bang

JUST AS IF HE WERE A CORPSE
    Can you convince a corpse? You don't get it.
    Jesus submitted Himself to those in Moses seat, a lamb to the slaughter, without reserve - knowing that it was right to do, not disagreeing that it may or may not be right.

Is it not that one of the greatest crimes which a man can commit is to follow his "private judgment"?
    But what's 'private judgement'?

Please pay attention to what she has to say
    Yes, close attention - especially when judging.
    "let us sacrifice our own opinions"
    Sounds good, but let's not abandon them.
    What sacrifice is something that's not needed?

Yes, the Roman Catholic is constantly told in his school that the most unpardonable and damnable crime is to make use of his own intelligence and follow his own private judgment in the research of truth.

Well not where I went to school, we were given books about all the religions (well not the JWs) - but the others anyway, you know Buddhism, Islam etc and all, Luther, reformationists and all that stuff, and we were encouraged to study into all of them and all sorts of things - not saying there was a shortage of fundies though, even amongst all that.

Bang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit