Catching Fire

by DS211 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• DS211
    DS211

I just watched catching fire with my wife and i loved it. I felt i could relate to many characters..but what really built me up was the courage that katniss and her friends had to stand up even when lresent with harsh persecution. I walkd away from it wanting to tell everyone all i knew about the Wt. And i realized how much my wife relates to the charqcters who are oppressed. Good movie.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I saw it too, they did a great job translating the book to the movies. It's a story any ex JW could relate to.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The book series was great, I liked the first movie and look forward to watching this movie.

• Simon
    Simon

I haven't read the books but am enjoying the movies.

The ending was a little abrupt but apparently that matches the book and it's all building up for the third installment.

Should be a great trilogy!

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

In the 3rd book (I think) Katniss describes the peaceful feeling she gets during a blizzard. No one is coming to see her. And no one is expecting her to be anywhere. I bet many JW's in a snowy climate can relate...

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Oh yeah. It resonated with me on several levels too.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Going to see it this weekend. My daughter insisted I read the books. The Hunger Games was the best film I've seen in years.

• DS211
    DS211

even my wife was like "omg lets go see it again"...i was expecting her to say that this was how it will be with JWs during the great trib lol never happened tho...we missed our 4 th meeting in a row to watch it

• SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe

I really liked this second movie. I don't think it happens a lot that sequels are better.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Saw the Catching Fire movie last week. Have read all the books... love the whole series. (For anyone who is enjoying the movies but haven't read the books I highly recommend you do).

And I believe it will be 4 movies... from what I've heard they are splitting the final book into 2.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit