The Watchtower and the JWs use the following reasoining to "prove" that elders are appointed by Holy Spirit.
1) The Bible was written under inspiration of the Holy Spirt.
2) The Bible requirements for and elder are followed when selecting and appointing elders.
3) Therefore, the elders are appointed by Holy Spirt.
Thre is a logical flaw in this argument.
Consider the following counter example.
Suppose that a person obtains a book on medicine written by a Doctor A, and that the person follows the instructions in the book concerning the writing a prescription.
1) Can the perscription that the person wrote be considered as having been written by Doctor A?
2) Can the perscription that the person wrote even be considered as having been written under the direction of Doctor A?
The answer to both questions is "No."
The same answer applies to whether the Holy Spirit appoints elders.
So what is the logical error in the Watchtower's reasoning?