Scam alert!!!!!

by KariOtt 5 Replies latest jw friends

• KariOtt
    KariOtt

I just recieved a call from "microsoft" claiming that they just recieved a call from me reporting a problem with my Windows operating system. I heard of this scam on the news. They call stating they recieved a call reporting problems. They want you to turn your computer on and type what they say into your browser. This will fix the problem. After you do this they have full access to your computer. All your credit card accounts, bank accounts, ect. If you recieve a call like this do not fall prey to these theives. I told them that I already heard about this scam and hung up.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Thanks kari. Down my parts they call at least once a month. In fact someone called today claiming to be from microsoft. Truly a big scam.

• Simon
    Simon

Anyone who calls me will have to listen to a lot of complaints about XBox Live and Windows 8.x before anything else, LOL.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

How about calls from phony debt collectors?

I received a couple of these. The pleasant sounding female automated voice announces a company name you can't quite make out.

It then asks ever so cheerfully for you to enter your "account number" or your "Social Security Number".

Yikes! Sadly, I am sure some unsuspecting individuals (the elderly) fall for this, or even younger people with confused finances and debts they don't keep proper track of can fall prey.

Even though I did not enter any info, I stayed on the line and followed the menu prompts because I wanted to talk to a LIVE operator and ask who the hell they are. I never got a real person and the call terminated itself. Don't you love it?

• zeb
    zeb

I heard of a guy who is a computer nerd who collects 'viruses'. Guess who he send them to?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If you're bored, you can play them for as long as you want. Even if you don't want to play with them, you can still tell them you are just starting your computer, then put your phone down and go about your chores for half an hour before checking if they are still there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit