" Jehovah's Witnesses " were NOT Jonadabs!!??!?

by DATA-DOG 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

2/15/1966 WT

Identifying the Present-Day Beneficiaries

15) In speaking of the marking work, page 111 of Vindication said that “this work of giving the testimony is not for the purpose of converting the people of the world and bringing them into some organization, but it is to make known the fact that those who desire to flee from the wicked organization of Christendom may do so and declare themselves on the Lord’s side, and thus be in line to be brought through the time of trouble, when the slaughtering begins.” Thus no real gathering and organizing of these marked ones, the “other sheep,” was encouraged, even in the year 1931, when the remnant of the 144,000 spiritual Israelites embraced the name “Jehovah’s witnesses."

DISCERNING THE GREAT CROWD [ additions mine ]

21) Thus this secondary class of spirit-begotten spiritual Israelites [Jehovah's Witnesses, aka Great Crowd] was still diverting the attention of the remnant [ those specifically ruling I guess] late in 1934 and was taking a place of greater importance than the Jonadabs or earthly “other sheep” class, who were to be marked in their foreheads. (Ezek. 9:4) So these marked ones were not specifically invited to attend the celebration of the Lord’s Supper on Nisan 14, 1935. 22) However, great joy was now near for the Jonadab company or “other sheep.” A five-day general convention of Jehovah’s witnesses was announced. Beginning with the April 1, 1935, issue of The Watchtower the announcements thereof said: “Again The Watchtower reminds its readers that a convention of Jehovah’s witnesses and Jonadabs will be held at Washington, D.C., beginning May 30 and ending June 3, 1935. It is hoped that many of the remnant and the Jonadabs may find it convenient to attend the convention. Heretofore not many Jonadabs have had the privilege of attending a convention, and the convention at Washington may be a real comfort and benefit to them.” (Page 98) “This is a service convention, and it is expected that all the remnant and the Jonadabs will participate in the service.”—Page 110.

Am I the only one who was raised to believe that the adoption of the name " Jehovah's Witnesses " was directly tied to the timing of the nu-light concerning the Great Crowd of [ other sheep ]??? Isn't that how it is presented? In other words, the Bible Sudents all thought they were going to heaven. Then there was confusion. Thankfully, the spirit-directed Rutherford figured it all out... Then the Great Crowd was discerned to be the other sheep and the name JW was adopted. Doesn't the WTBTS present it that way? Clearly " Jehovah's Witnesses " were the 144,000 and the Great Crowd, with the GC as a 2nd rate class. The Jonadabs were nobody's, not even invited to conventions or to the memorial?! I am not at home to research this further, but it seems that most JWs feel that the Bible Students were confused, but the JWs were not. The videos about the ORG may even paint that picture. If so, it's another example of revisionist history and a false stylus. Please correct me if I am wrong.

DD

• pixel
    pixel

Wow. Just wow.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Your insightful research is only providing fuel for the Org's fire, when they decide to disfellowship anyone who consorts with apostates on websites like this which are opposed to "God's Organization".

Keep it up!! :)

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was a child in the 1950s. My grandfather was remnant. According to my mom, Bible Students viewed themselves as appointed. Most JWs his age saw themselves as remnant. My grandmother's generation, though, identified with the Great Crowd. When I was a child and teenager, the remnant were very few. I thought that as my great grandfather's generation died, the end times would come. During the late 1960s, however, our young overseer announced that he was appointed. We thought this was outrageous and that Bethel would show him a thing or two. Well, we waited for him to be yanked. Someone in the KH actually reported the situation to Bethel so the overseer would be reproved. They received a letter from Bethel stating it was permissible.

The great joy of attending the convention made me laugh. I never thought of sheer boredom as great joy. Did anyone find it joyous to sit through lectures from hell describe prophecy and the Witnesses in excruciating detail? I know Witnesses who would say it was great joy but I have yet to meet anyone in real life who finds meetings joy.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

However, great joy was now near for the Jonadab company or “other sheep.

What a dishonest spin. Up to that time, the other sheep were the milllions of worldly people on earth that were going to survive into paradise. The Great Crowd were those that were going to heaven, but not as the ruling 144,000. I don't see how it was great joy for the millions on earth to be told that they were going to be destroyed at Armageddon, or for the great crowd to be told they were no longer going to heaven, but would remain on earth. At that time, the most JWs thought they were of the 144,000, so married couples where one thought they were of the Great Crowd and the other of the 144,000 suddenly realised they would not be together in the future.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Data D. I am pretty sure that I have this right, but if not, someone with WT quotes can correct me.

The 1931 convention was when the name Jehovah's wtinesses was adopted. This was all Rutherford. He held this and made the announcement, as he answered to no one.

The 1935 convention was when the announcement was made that the great crowd was at the convention. At first they didn't know what was meant. Upon realizing that Rutherford meant the non-remnant, the non-Jehovah's witnesses, they all burst into applause.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

You are correct I researched this whole thing while researching the subject of the Mediator. I even think to this day the rank and file are considered jonadabs by the remnant at bethel. They just no longer use the term so as to not bring attention to it. I also think that is why the baptism is not of the father son and holyspirit but to and Org. Because there not worthy anyway to the remnant class.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I need to watch the JW " Out of Darkness " video to be sure. I guess I was caught off guard by this article. I just think that most modern day dubs perceive things differently than how they actually occured. If you asked a JW, especially a new one, " What's an understanding that Jehovah's Witnesses had that the Bible Students did not?", they would probably say ," JWs understood the identity of the GC of [other sheep]."

Actually, that is not true since they were calling themselves JWs while believing that they were all part of the remnant or the GC, which was understood to be a heavenly group all the way up to 1935. I bet most think that the "understanding" was much earlier. The original FDS, Rutherford, did not have it right to begin with. It's not earth shattering, it just struck me as odd, and I never thought about it before.

DD

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I guess in the Finish Mystery Book Rutherford talks about 4 classes the 144k, great multitude, the Jonadabs and one other. In the 30's the jonadabs and the great crowd become one in the same.

• prologos
    prologos

wow, that was an admission by the early WT on your copy of paragraph 21:

"---"--- this secondary class of SPRITUAL ISRAELITES--"

of course as Rev.7 !-8 shows the 144 000 come OUT OF the 12 tribes of Israel. so the "Jonadabs must be ISRAELITES.

Lites not heavies,

secondary.

secong hand Rose on second street. WT street.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit