So you really want to join Bethel?

by bats in the belfry 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Part of the questions being asked you would think you are subscribing to a Life Insurance Policy.

• Syme
    Syme

Those questions about mental and emotional health seem ironical to say the least. Especially if you count the huge amounts of antidepressants that pass the gate of a typical Bethel every week. How can be that there are so high health standards and at the same time half of all Bethelites and travelling overseers (and wives) sustain themselves on drugs?

One can assume that one is lying when completing the form, but I believe this is not true in most cases.

So the other possibility is that one indeed has excellent emotional health when entering the Full-time Order, and the problems begin only after some time IN the service...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

No, I don't want to join the "ORDER." Creepy...

DD

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

There is a great thread that speaks of the 'rules' at Bethel:

1. The table head decides which direction the food will be passed

2. No licking your fingers (even when you eat bbq ribs)

3. Only shirts with collars were allowed unless you worked construction

4. No shirts with logos of any kind were allowed

5. The door must be wide open if a guy and a girl are in the same room (including an office)

6. You are expected to meet or exceed the national average (for service hours) even though you worked on saturdays and sunday was the meeting

7. You are to pay $3.00 to the person that drives in your car group from bethel to the meeting

8. You must go to EVERY morning worship, and never be so much as 1 second late. There is a clock displayed so that you know the SECOND it turns 7:00am.

9. No heavy metal or rap music is allowed. It's grounds for termination

10. No R rated movies of any sort. Again, grounds for termination

11. Couples can not make "noise" while having sex. In fact when a brother gets married he is to meet with his overseer before the wedding to have a "sex" talk about what is appropriate (missionary only) and what is not (oral, anal, nasal...)

12. You cannot use the elevator (if you are a male) until you have 15 years of full-time service

13. Your bed must be made every morning military style (they have a certain way to fold the sheets and bed spread)

14. The housekeeper is to report you if they find anything "inappropriate" in your room. But they are not allowed to look in the closets (go figure)

15. You CAN subscribe to sports illustrated, but you had to sign a waiver that they could "destroy" the swimsuit edition and not deliver it to you

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/198008/1/Bethel-Rules#.UpILLRXnbzB

• tiki
    tiki

they only want the healthiest, heartiest young men really.....the cream of the crop. the use of the word "order" interesting....fraternal order of bethel boys. hhhmmmm....

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

No. 7 - Paying those that drive them to the meetings, the average publisher wouldn't know about that one, so I'm sure quite a few Bethelites let that one slide, my folks used to give them rides to the subway station or sometimes they would stop by before the meeting for lunch and of course get a ride to the KH, but even if they offered the money to my mother there's no way she would've taken it and I hop some others did the same since that would eat up that meager, vow of poverty allowance they get every month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit