Twisted thinkers

by stillin 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin

The ratio of non-witnesses to witnesses worldwide is roughly 1000:1.

I feel that most people would give up their own life if they were faced with a situation where their own death would result in continued life for a thousand other people. Inside, we all know that it would be the right thing to do.

But the witnesses are anxiously awaiting the death of 1000 people per witness so that they can have a better life.

People would have to be awfully bad before I would refuse to die for a thousand of them. A lot worse than they are right now. No, the world isn't wonderfully paradise-like but I don't want to see God kill a thousand people just for me!

And they say that apostates are mentally diseased!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Hey stop using LOGIC with religion!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Very interesting.

Jesus is supposed to have given up his life to save mankind from Adamic death. Jesus is the 'exact representation' of Jehovah, and Jesus stated that to see him is to see the Father. This being the case, if Jesus was willing to give up his own life to save mankind, then we would expect Jehovah to have done the same.

This means that the ransom sacrifice proves that Jehovah's love for humanity would be more important to Him than his own name and sovereignty being insulted.

In other words, the ransom sacrifice proves that Jehovah would have chosen to sacrifice his own good name, ie, permitted the slanderous reproach on his own name, rather than have permitted 6,000 years of untold human suffering, evil and death.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/246042/1/The-ransom-sacrifice-contradicts-the-issue-of-universal-sovereignty#.UpE2aNKw2So

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

.....what would make human children love their biological father more: if their father puts his own importance and pride ahead of his children's needs, or a father who sacrifices his own needs and reputation ahead of seeing his children suffer terribly?

Nearly all parents would give up their own life rather than see any great harm or death suffered by their own children.

The fact that Jehovah does just the opposite also gives the lie to the JW'S 'issue of universal sovereignty' theodicy.

• zeb
    zeb

YaddaYadda2: "Universal soverignty is the issue of the age" boomed a speaker at a convention. At the time in Australia home loan interest rates were at 18% with lots of folk being booted out of their homes by the lenders.

• schlick
    schlick

Sad how the witnesses are tricked into believing such garbage. Who would want to live in a world governed by someone who just murdered tons of people?

• DS211
    DS211

Where in the scriptures does it say that all who are not in the org will die? Riight it doesnt

• clarity
    clarity

Hey there Schlick ... nice to see you on here!

Welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit