new watchtower on jw.org Americans don't know their own history

by hoser 20 Replies latest jw friends

• adamah
    adamah

RO said-

Haha...I saw you're thread title and expected to open it, read an example in the Watchtower demonstrating that Americans don't know their own history...followed by your observation of how ironic that would be since most J-dubs don't know the real history of the Organization TM .

Shouldn't this one (sung by Brother Sam Cooke), be included the official JW Song Book, the religious anthem for legions of home-schooled publishers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNO72aCnVr0

• Gopher
    Gopher

Well, as Fred Franz once testified in court, Jehovah is the editor of the Watchtower magazine.

So "Jehovah" deliberately placed 1914 into this current issue's account. (As we know the story must be true because Jah's organization would never invent stories to tell its people, like at the district conventions....)

"Jehovah" wanted to keep the 1914 date foremost in his people's minds. "Jehovah" didn't want the date of 1917 there in the story, because that would fail to draw attention to the Heavenly Kingdom's birth year of 1914. Anyone who thinks the "worldly" date of 1917 should be used here obviously is swayed by Satan who wants to draw attention away from 1914.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Maybe this American volunteer independently went off to fight even before the American govt. got involved. It's not entirely unheard of for individuals living in a country not at war to join in the fighting efforts of other nations. It's also not unheard of for the Watchtower to revise history.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A quick google confirms that Americans could and some did volunteer as early as 1914, long before America declared war in 1917

• Diest
    Diest

Looks like the guy joined the French Legion and wrote this in a letter to his mother in October 1915.

http://www.scuttlebuttsmallchow.com/alansee2.html

Then his regiment, the Second Etranger, about 4,000 men, was transferred to the Camp de Mailly, and by the middle of October he had hopes of soon being at the front. "I go into action," he wrote, "with the lightest of light hearts. The hard work and moments of frightful fatigue have not broken but hardened me, and I am in excellent health and spirits.... I am happy and full of excitement over the wonderful days that are ahead."

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

RO said-

Haha...I saw you're thread title and expected to open it, read an example in the Watchtower demonstrating that Americans don't know their own history...followed by your observation of how ironic that would be since most J-dubs don't know the real history of the Organization TM .

Shouldn't this one (sung by Brother Sam Cooke), be included the official JW Song Book, the religious anthem for legions of home-schooled publishers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNO72aCnVr0

I love it! (oops...looks like I needed more coffee this morning..."you're" "your")

• smiddy
    smiddy

If only their was a way to get every prospective baptismal candidate to reveiw the history ( Factual ) not revisional of the Jehovahs Witness religion

But I guess thats not going to happen.

smiddy

• cantleave
    cantleave

Ask a JW what month WW1 started and they will invariably say "October"........

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think ones from America did volunteer before 1917 after that year I think America was officially in the war.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

My uncle joined the French army in 1914. He came home an alcoholic and remained one the rest of his pitiful life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit