The Little opportunities...

by new hope and happiness 8 Replies latest jw friends

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I was thinking abot my life and how its the little opportunities that change things...

opportuity one...the advenrtistment in a National Newspaper to be a house manager: As i understood less than a 100 people applied. I took it and lived in my own luzury flat 2 minutes walk from Hyde Park..all bills paid and a good salary to boot. ( crazy the guy owned so many houses i only worked 2 weeks a year)

opportunity two...the Jehovers Witnesses come calling....blah blah blah i am now doing the most important work in the world.( then i woke up)

opportuinty three...now living in Sweden a rich guy puts an add in the newspaper to sell his house. I am the only one to reply, i put in a silly offer he accepts and 4 years later i sell for over 4 xs what i paid.

Yes my life is made up of taking advantage of little opportunities...how about you?

May i add my wife of over 20 years ...well it would have been so easy to miss that opportunity.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't have stories as exciting as yours. I do believe having a strong personal vision will help a person recognize opportunity when it comes knocking. It's how I found a great art teacher and pursued that training until my talent transformed to excellence.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Sorry reading what i wrote, it may give the impression i am boasting...i am talking about good luck that presents itself..or with the j.ws knocking at my door good luck turned bad.

• blablabluh
    blablabluh

Is that Hyde Park in Leeds?

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

jgnat..i like your posts? you are one of many here that make good reading...its an opportunity that helps me appreciate the world is a small place.

As i write i hear small children outside my open window ( wife comes home she doesnt like the smoke) but its a magical sound i could have missed...life has so much to offer. I have found so many life times on this site, it makes the mistake of converting worthwhile and takes away the pain of being rejected by leaving..hope that makes sence.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

London blah, blah

• jgnat
    jgnat

Looks like this

This is what it looks like right now. I keep my window closed, LOL.

• KateWild
    KateWild

My parents have had a few good opportunities they took advantage of in their lifetime. Now they are happily retired and living life wonderfully. Learning to recognise the difference between good and bad opportunities has been my downfall.

I always want to see good in everything, and giving people the benefit of the doubt has been my mistake, now I fear I am doing the reverse. Trusting no one and nothing. I hope it's just a phase.

Good thread, made me think thank you, NHAH.

Love Kate xx

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My parents had a couple ideal opportunities to go into business.

But the END was too near to make those committments.

That was in 1955 and 1965.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit