Going to meeting tonight.

by Crazyguy 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Going to my first meeting in I think about 6 months or so. I'm going because my son has a talk the bible reading. Anyway how weird to go to a place where everything is so foreign now. I have enough bible knowledge to blow up just about all their doctrines using just the bible. It feels like I'm about to go be among aliens from a different planet. I'm really not sure how all the faders do it? Just a Rant. I'll let you know if I'm shunned by anyone which I expect will happen.

• anonymouz
    anonymouz

You might go to the service/publication counter, and pick up a new WT lite (those very thin new WTs), and say "WHAT? why the half rations?"

I did that to not even a smile at my attempt at humor.

• cognac
    cognac

how do you feel about your son doing a talk for a cult?

good luck.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I went because my wife had a talk. The whole meeting was like sitting through a time-share sales meeting. Actually, it was probably even more boring. I keep thinking, " How many of these people are sick of hearing the same same crap every week for decades??" I swear, one good scandal and they will lose many JWs.

The part about getting prayers answered was really boring. Jehovah answers prayers of those who obey him.. What about the JWs that died in the KH during the super-typhoon? I guess they were not true Christians following theocratic arrangements.

DD

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Just got back and this is what I noticed. It seemed kinda wierd they all talked about service and bible studies and return visits and door step bible studies and how to properly conduct these etc., thats what the weekly meeting is all about. I'm thinking you all are talking about stuff that most of you never experience, I mean how many really have bible studies and door step bible studies 2 maybe 3 people in the whole congregation, what a joke. Its like a bunch of people talking about how to spend the winnings of a lotery ticket as if any have ever won.

The next thing that really bothered me was the number 3 talk i believe, were the sisters are talking about how to respond to house holders that say "they have a personal relationship with God" they went on to talk about what that really means and how one must have an accurate knowledge of the bible to have a real personal relationship with God. I'm think "like you have an accurate knowledge of the bible and who are you to judge someone else relationship with God. But of course we know this is based on the idea that they are they only true ones of God. Last thing that i noticed was the closing prayer and how thankful the brother was for the elders and of course the ORGANIZATION, no mention of Jesus at all except the quick at the end through jesus name we pray.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Your son doesn't really have at talk. A couple years ago the society decided to have it at strictly reading from the bible and not saying a single word, introduction or conclusion about the scriptures. The faithful and discreet slave (matt 25) realized that reading about 20 scriptures together in context to the congregation and allowing the speaker to give an introduction and conclusion might allow them to bring out what those scriptures are really talking about vs what the GB wants people to think.

So now they just read the scripture, then they are graded on their reading ability like an 8 year old in school reading a page infront of the class. Sometimes they are fortunate to get a reading like Number 1:5-15, and must read it with much excitement and emphasis.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

your totally correct. I remember when i was a kid and getting a number 2 talk, you had and intro and a conclusion were you could explain the bible reading and apply it. They don't want people thinking at all now. Even the guy that did the bible highlights was explaning the chapters to be considered in a way that i couldnt make heads or tales of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit